Chapter 4

AUDREY POV: Dad and Grandma are arguing again. They've argued every single day since Mom died. The only people I can talk to anymore are Gracie and Maggie, so I'm glad Gracie's putting off college for a semester. 

Dad's been drinking again. He used to drink when I was younger, but Mom made him stop. I can see why. He gets really angry when he drinks, and we can hear he knock stuff over too. I wonder if he's doing this because he misses her.

Flashback to The Benefit

"Run!" Dad screamed to me as he grabbed the gun and tried to tear it out of Jack's arms. I did as he said and ran, but I hid around the corner instead of running back inside. I didn't want to see all those people hurt again.

Jack free's the majority of the gun from Dad's hands and then hits him with it. I cover my mouth to resist from screaming. 

"You just don't stop do you?" Jack said aiming the gun just inches from his head. Come on Dad! Hit him! Do something! Jack pulls the safety, but then at the last second, turns the gun and shoots Mom, then he shoots himself. "Mom!" I scream, but no one heard me. I want to run back to them but I don't know if it's safe yet. I see Dad run to mom. 

"Faith! Baby, honey wake up! Somebody help! Help Please!" Dad screams, he doesn't know that all the EMT's are dead. Mom grabs his hand as if to tell him to stop. He stops screaming and starts to cry. I've only seen my Dad cry twice, at his Dad's funeral and last time Jack shot him.

Through his tears he begins to sing "I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together, forever and always." Mom smiles and tries to say something, but nothing comes out.

"You can go now honey. It's okay. I'll be okay. I'll take care of the kids. You're safe now." Dad says as Mom starts to groan. What? No Mom can't let go! I need her! Gracie and Maggie need her too! 

"I love you." Dad tells her, while he holds her.

"You too." Mom says lightly.

"Forever and always?" Dad asks wiping away her tears.

"Forever and Always." Mom says. Then she closes her eyes and her hand falls limp off the side of the gurney.

Dad begins to sob as he holds her close. This is all my fault! I should've kept a closer eye on Grandma and not have gotten lost. Now Mom's gone. I wipe the tears from my eyes and watch Dad cry over Mom.