Chapter 21

CARRIE POV: I'm now 8 months pregnant, and I think we've waited long enough to tell the girls. Tim and I planned a whole dinner Sunday with everyone so we can tell them all at once. Tonight it's just another Friday night at home. Audrey's sleeping over at her friends house, so Tim and I have to find something to do for ourselves. He doesn't know that I have something planned.

"Hey honey, I planned a little something for you, but you have to put on this blindfold okay?" I say coming in slowly for a kiss. He smiles. "We are actually going somewhere so don't start thinking of anything, like I know you're thinking." I say. He laughs.

"Alright, but if I wake up naked in the middle of the street..." He says, while I blindfold him. I slowly guide him into the car, bumping a few things on the way.

"Where are we going?" 

"Why would I blindfold you and then tell you where we are going?" I say, pulling out of the garage. 

"I don't feel too good about this."

"I wouldn't either if I were you." I laugh jokingly. 

I take him to downtown Nashville and pull into the Honkytonk Central, which is where we met. I walk him in the back entrance. 

"Are we in a bar?" He says, after hearing people talking. I take off the blindfold right in front of the stage. Everybody in the room claps as they see him. His manager and label head walk up to him.

"Hey Tim! So, I see you're here to perform tonight by the look of the board." His manager says pointing to the featured artist board outside. I laugh at how shocked Tim is. His manager (who is now my manager too) and I have been planning this for weeks ever since he said he will never perform again. Faith's concert is tomorrow and I told them to save a slot just in case tonight goes well.

Tim looks at me. "What is this?" I point to his manager.

"They set it up. I just helped out a bit. Come on! I know it's nothing fancy, but just sing a song... For your fans."  I tell Tim, but before he can answer his label head is on stage introducing him. I feel bad that I've tricked him, but he needs this.

"Give a big hand for my dear friend, Tim McGraw!" He says waving for Tim to go up. Tim walks on up, and grabs a guitar.