Chapter 49

TIM POV: Alli's been gone for about an hour, and I still can't find anything to do. I told Hunter as long as she came home safe, and sober, they could stay out late. He seems like a really good kid, or a really good actor. Alli obviously thinks he's a good guy, and I trust her judgment. She's a smart girl.

I'm sitting in the studio, recording the song I just wrote, when an extreme sense of exhaustion comes over me. I set down my guitar and head down the hall to my bedroom. I lay down for a minute, as I panic. What if this is a side effect? What if I die alone? I begin to think. Okay, the likeliness of both of those are very low. I need to just calm down and get some sleep. I begin to shut my eyes, as I get the urge to puke. I run to the bathroom and vomit. I sit back for a minute and try to think of what's going on, when I get a tight pain in my chest. 

The pain becomes crushing, as I pull myself up off of the floor. My head spins as I try to make it back to bed. I lay down for a second and grab a phone. This is not normal... I begin to dial 9-1-1 as the symptoms die down. Before I dial the number, I take a second and realize I probably just had a panic attack. I lay down and shut my eyes. 

Not even a full five minutes later, I can barely breathe. It feels like my chest is on fire. I lean over to grab the phone, but it's out of my reach now. I take a second and try to calm down. Maybe the pain will die down enough for me to move in a second. My head begins the throb and I feel my heart rate jump. I begin to scream, as the pain becomes more intense. I try to get some momentum going so I can grab the phone, but in doing so, I fall off the bed and slam my head on the corner of my nightstand. My head is now bleeding, in addition to everything else. 

There's a ringing in my ears that is becoming increasingly loud, as my vision starts to become fuzzy. I try to reach up on the nightstand one last time, but I miss again. I lay down on the floor next to the bed and begin to cry from the pain. I can't do anything now. I've done all I can do, now all that's left is for me to let go...

I feel a tear roll down my cheek, as my heart slows down. It takes an unbelievable amount of strength to expel even the smallest breath out of my lungs. I close my eyes as the bright light shines, calling me home. I guess this is it...