Chapter 23

CARRIE POV: Tim sang a good ten songs before he got off stage. He was smiling like a champ. 

"Thank you." He said as we walked to the bar to order virgin drinks.

"So, are you going to perform tomorrow?" 

"I don't think they have a slot for me." He said, playing with his straw.

"I told them to reserve a spot just in case." I said, smiling at him. 

"You're horrible. What if I froze up and never wanted to sing again?"

"You wouldn't freeze up. This just comes naturally to you. It's in your veins. You've done this for so long." I said. He can't stop smiling. He's so happy. "I'm glad I helped trick you, though. You looked like you enjoyed it."

"Well I did, so again, thank you." He said grabbing my hand. 

The next morning, Tim and I are running all over the house trying to grab our stuff for the tribute tonight. It's a lot more difficult when Tim has to get his stuff together too. Once we are all ready, we meet the girls backstage. They were going to do the concert at Bridgestone, but they figured it wasn't the best idea since that's where she was killed. 

Gracie and Maggie drove home from college for this. This means a lot for them, and they wouldn't miss it for the world. Audrey volunteered to sing a song with Tim that Faith would normally sing with him. I'm just waiting to see how he holds up tonight. His manager invited his psychologist backstage, so they could have a last minute "session" before Tim goes on, to make sure he doesn't have a mental breakdown. 

Bomb dogs came through and checked everything three times. The security at the front and backstage entrances are insane too. It's about 15 minutes before the beginning of the tribute. Tim's still in talking to his shrink.