Chapter 33

FAITH POV: I watch my broken hero take another large drink of whiskey. I try to think back on better days, on the days before this happened. I shouldn't have let go. I should've stayed. I begin to weep, as I watch him sob.

I try to think about what it would've been like if I had just held on. He always deserved better than me. I was just too selfish to hold on... Too selfish to think about what he, or the girls, would have to go through. It's been 7 years... He had about 4 years of good, before everything went to complete shit again. I know this sounds pessimistic, but I don't see things getting any better. It hurts to admit it, but Tim is so broken and hurt now... That kind of damage can't be undone.

Maybe it would've been better if I let him go. Maybe when he was in his coma, we should've pulled the plug. I hate him for telling me I could let go. I hate myself more for letting go. I watch him walk over and stare at a pill bottle for a few minutes. I can tell what he's thinking. 

He picks it up and looks at the back. He turns it back around and sets it back down. He sits on the bed and puts his head in his hands. He lays down, and turns on the TV. The tabloid news shows come on. "Tim McGraw suicide attempt? The singer was recently hospitalized after he attempted to hang himself in his Franklin mansion. His daughters managed to come to the house in time to save him. For those who didn't know, Tim's second wife, Carrie, died in a car wreck the night of the Faith Hill tribute concert. Faith was Tim's first wife and passed away about 7 years ago, after their benefit concert was bombed. It sounds like Tim is having a pretty tough run." The TV screams, but Tim doesn't turn it off. He just squints his eyes tightly and holds on to the bottle of whiskey and cries. 

I sit on the bed next to him and grab his hand, hoping maybe he can still feel me. He opens his eyes and looks at his hand. 

"Faith?" He says through his tears. I know he won't be able to hear me, but I respond anyways.

"Tim, it's going to be okay. I promise." I say

"How do you know?" He responds. He hears me?

"Because your strong. Something has to happen soon. Just please don't give up yet. Make it through the rest of the year and if nothing good happens till then, you can go." I say.

"Alright."