Chapter 22

TIM POV: I'm holding my guitar siting on stage in front of a small crowd. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've done this for thousands before.  I haven't sang publicly in 5 years... 5 years! The last time I did was a wreck anyhow. I think of all the songs I could sing in my head quickly. I find one.

"Hey guys! As you might know um I'm Tim McGraw. It's been a while since I've done this so please don't be to hard on me!" I say laughing, the crowd laughs too. "Here's one for a good friend that I lost. It's called Just When I Needed You Most by Randy Vanwarmer. So uh... Here it goes." I look at Carrie as I begin to play. She looks at me the same way Faith used to when I would sing. 

"Woke up this morning, and I, stared out the window, And I, struggled for something to say. You left in the rain without closing door. I didn't stand in your way. I miss you more than I, missed you before and where, I'll find comfort, God knows. Cause you left me just when I needed you most. You left me just when I needed you most."  I sing. The raw emotion comes out in my voice. I hope Faith hears it.

I wrap up the song and the crowd applauds. Carrie begins to shed a few tears, courtesy of hormones. She walks up the stage and whispers a song in my ear.

"Thank you! Here's a song that I wrote forever ago it's called Unbroken. Some of you guys might be familiar with it." I say as the crowd sends out a little applause. I smile and start to sing.

"No one ever left me out in the rain, Cold words still remain unspoken. I never got lost, Spent years in the dark. You're here now my heart's unbroken. When I see you smile, Feel my soul again And I'm unbroken." I sing, this time the crowd sings along. I smile. I forgot how good this felt.