Chapter 10

FAITH POV: Tim ended up passing out in the master bedroom, while Carrie decided to sleep in the guest bedroom.

It is 10:30 and Tim still isn't up yet. Probably hungover. Carrie walks down to the kitchen and looks through the refridgerator. She pulls out the carton of eggs and begins to make breakfast. I smile as I sit at the breakfast bar and watch her. Tim was always the one to make breakfast, because he was always the first one up. I guess it's time for some changes.

I like her. She seems like she might be good for him. I know it's only been three weeks since I've been gone, but as long as he's happy, I don't care when he moves on. As long as he talks to the girls about it. Carrie's extremely pretty. She has green eyes and blonde curly hair. Tim defiantly has a type. 

I hear the phone ring. Carrie looks at it but doesn't pick it up, since I mean, it's not like her house or anything, Audrey's voice comes on the answering machine. 

"Hey Dad! Grandma was wondering if you wanted to come over today and then we can all go out to a movie or something as a family?" Carrie smiles. "If you don't want to, I understand, but it'll be fun!" She says in her Daddy please voice. "Alright, I have to go. Love you! Bye." She says, and then hangs up. My eyes water. I haven't seen the kids in a week. 

Carrie turns on the radio and a familiar songs come on. She begins to sing along.

"I want you forever, Forever and Always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together, Forever and always." She sings, stiring the eggs in the pan. A new song comes on the radio. She sings along with that too. It just happens to be my song. She completely outdoes anything I can do.

"Damn these old wheels, rolling too slow. I stare down this white line with so far to go. Headlights keep coming, loneliness humming along. Who poured this rain? Who made these clouds? I stare through this windshield thinking outloud. Time keeps on crawling, love keeps on calling me home. I'd just all these mountains and take to the skies. Sail through the heavens with stars in my eyes." She belts flawlessly. I wonder if she knows who that song is about. She belts through the chorus subconsciously, as she makes toast. I feel like I'm getting my own private concert. I don't even know how to describe her voice. It's incredible.

Right when she hits the bridge, Tim walks downstairs. I can tell she didn't wake him up, but he still looks upset. 

"Oh hey! Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry! I just got kind of carried away." She says.

"If my heart had wings I would fly to you, and lie beside you as you dream. If my heart had-" Tim switches the station. 

"You didn't wake me up. Don't worry about it. What are you making?" He said coming up behind her, about to give her a hug, when he pulls away. 

"Just some eggs. Aw, you turned it off. That's like my favorite... I forgot. Shit, I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't be" I said, but nobody could hear me anyways.

"Don't be." Tim tells her, as they exchange an awkward kiss.