Chapter 32

FAITH POV: I'm sitting in Tim's hospital room watching him sleep. I'm crying. I wish I could talk to him, but I can't. It kills me not being able to talk to him. 

Apparently, when I broke the window and woke Tim up, it altered fate. He was supposed to die in the car, but I woke him up and made it easy for him to get out. So now, in return for saving his life, I can't talk to him. I can't stop thinking about what he said the night he tried to kill himself. 

THAT NIGHT

"Faith? Honey please I need you. I'm afraid of what I'm going to do if I can't talk to you right now." He said looking around the room.

"Faith! I need you! Please!" He started to scream.

Tim I'm here. I'm right here. I grab his phone from the kitchen and text the girls to come over. Maybe I can talk through them. Gracie texts back and says that she's already in the neighborhood and will be over in a few minutes.

"How come when you needed me most, I was there, but you left me just when I needed you most." He screamed, and let it dissipate through the dark, alcohol filled air. I began to cry. I am here for him. He sat for a few seconds looking down at his hands, and then got up and headed to the garage. He came back with a rope tied like a noose and he began to hang it from the ceiling

I began to panic. Tim! Please don't do this! I'm right here! Everything's going to be okay, I promise.

He stood on the bed and put the rope around his neck. He took a deep breath and said "I love you.", then he took a step of the bed. I screamed and shut my eyes tightly. I grabbed a pocket knife from his nightstand and cut him down trying hard not to look at him or think about what was happening. I ran out of the room, to see the headlights of Gracie's car pull in the driveway. She has Maggie and Audrey with her. She opens the door, to see me sobbing in the kitchen.

"Mom, what's wrong?" She says running right to me. 

"Your Dad..." I begin to say. She immediately takes of to his room with Maggie and Audrey following her.  

"Oh my gosh, Dad. Dad, wake up! Daddy, please..." Gracie screams. She takes the rope off of his neck. Maggie dials 9-1-1 as Audrey stands right next to me. I rub her back and tell her everything is going to be okay. 

Tim opens his eyes and takes a second to observe everything. He starts to drunkenly rant. 

"Why? Why does this happen to me?" He cried out, his voice raspier than usual. Gracie throws a blanket on him and begins to cry. 

"She's gone... Why would they take her from me? Who would do that?" He says, then his concentration turned towards Gracie. "Why did you save me? I wanted to die!" He screamed at her. Gracie's eyes are full of tears, as she looks at me for some kind of sign of what to do. Gracie gets up and leaves the room, Audrey follows.

"Why don't you talk to him?" Audrey says. 

"I can't, baby." 

"Why?" Gracie asks.

"I saved your Dad from the car crash. I woke him up and broke the window, so he and Carrie could get out, when apparently he was supposed to die. So I had to be punished in a way, and that is my punishment. There's no exceptions." I say, holding Audrey in my arms. "I don't know what to do about your Dad, guys. This is so hard for him. I just need you guys to be understanding with him okay?" I said. They nodded as the ambulance lights shine through the house.