31~ A lot to think about

Mitch's POV

"So you're in a pack? What rank do you have there?'' I ask Scott. I know a few things about packs and ranks. Like you have the Alpha, that's the leader. Then you have beta, that's like the second leader. Scott says they have a third too, I didn't know that.

"Uhm, I'll first tell you about the ranks a bit." Scott says, scratching his neck. "So we have alpha, the leader and beta and gamma. The alpha is the leader but he couldn't do it without the beta or the gamma." It sounds like he is the beta or gamma the way he says that. But that's really high. I mean, Scott is still so young, wouldn't the high ranks be people that are like older and have a their life figured out and all?

"Okay." I say, signaling him to go on.

"Then there are omegas which are the lowest ranks. That doesn't mean that they are bad or less capable of things, it's just their personality. We also have a pack doctor, I think you can figure out what that is. We also have guards, those are basically our security, instead of guns they use teeth and claws to keep intruders out. And last we have warrior wolves. They are basically our army. They fight when they have to and help the guards when they don't have to fight. Guards and warriors are almost the same. The rest of the pack are just pack members, they don't have a specific rank or position. They also have normal human jobs to keep our money supply going."

That's a lot of ranks and things. I'm not sure if I can remember all. "So which one are you? Or are you a no rank. How many people are there even in your pack?" It sounds like a lot if I hear this.

"There are about 60 people in my pack. And I'm- oh wait! I forgot a really important rank. The luna. The luna is the alpha's wife or husband. In many packs the luna is one rank below the alpha but here they are equal. We don't have a luna... yet." Why yet? Is their alpha about to get married or something? "I am the alpha."

Oh.

Scott is actually the alpha. He runs a pack of 60 wolfpeople. He has the highest rank. That's awesome!

But wait. Does that mean I'm the luna? Or will be the luna? That is so weird. Me, a human, will be the alpha's husband. Will those werewolves listen to me? A human?

''I wanted to talk with you about you being the luna of this pack. My pack expects something of the alpha and one thing is to give them a luna. But there is no pressure, I will step down from alpha if you don't want to be a luna.'' Scott says, I can see in his eyes though that he would rather not do that.

''It's a lot to take in. Can I think about it over the night?'' I ask Scott, I don't know if his pack is waiting for me at his house or something.

''Yeah sure. It's getting late now anyway. I'll take you home.'' He says, putting his arm around me, walking towards my car.

''How are you going to take me home? I drove myself.'' I say, smiling up at him. He isn't planning on driving my car to my home right?

He goes straight for the driver's seat. Guess he is going to drive me and my car home. ''But how will you get home?'' I ask, still standing at the driver's door.

''I will just run, it's dark already so people won't see me and I needed a run anyway.'' Scott says, shrugging his shoulders.

I'm still not sure, I can just drive myself home, no problem there. It seems like a whole lot of trouble to run home and try to hide from humans at the same time. ''Baby, just get in. It's really no trouble.'' I blush at the nickname, it makes me feel weird in the stomach.