40~ Make a choice

Mitch's POV

The week goes by at a normal pace. Scott stays home on wednesday but goes to college again on thursday and friday. He tried to get my to go on wednesday but I wouldn't leave his side.

Now it's finally saturday again, meaning I'm spending the entire weekend at Scott's. I just can't not spend time with him. My parents know this though, they're used to me being home less by now.

I still haven't told him if I want to complete the mating with him. I know now what it is and that it is a big deal for him. I'm just afraid that it is not what he expects, what if it's different for him because I am a human. He says that everyone he knows that is marked says it's good but I am human. What if it's somehow less good? And more so, I can't mark him. What if he's missing out? I don't want him to be missing anything! But we are mates and the moon goddess that Scott believes in made us mates so it must be right, right?

I need to talk to Kirstie. She is a wolf herself but she is marked. She knows what it's like to be marked. I need her advice, I need to know what to expect. What better person than her to ask?

Scott picks me up from home exactly that moment. He looks handsome as ever, wearing a tank top. You can hardly even see his injury, the only thing left is a little scar.

I stand on my toes to put my arms around his neck and peck him on the lips.  His arms go around my waist, pressing me closer to him. I can never get enough of this. His lips and hands never get old. I start to feel more and more like his hands and lips can do so much more than what they are doing now. I feel so dirty for thinking it, but I can't help myself. My brain is arguing with itself so bad, one half of me wants to jump him now and one half wants to wait till I'm at least in this relationship for like a year before we have sex. It's highly frustrating.

We step in the car together, driving to the pack house. I can't wait to talk to Kirstie, I need this.

''Baby?'' Scott asks halfway during the drive.

I turn to him, we haven't really talked since he came to my house. ''Yes?'' I know he probably noticed.

''Is something wrong?'' He asks, looking concerned.

I immediately feel guilty. Maybe he thinks it's his fault while it's absolutely not. ''I just still am a bit... confused about the whole mating bite thing, I wanted to talk to Kirstie about that today.'' It's better to just tell him the truth, even though it's kind of embarrassing to admit.

''Oh, I'm sure she can help you with that, she's been through the whole biting thing.'' He says, sounding a bit sad. ''You know you can always talk to me too, right? I won't judge.'' He says at a traffic light, looking me in the eyes. ''I'm scared too. It's also going to be my first time.'' He sounds very vulnerable.

I quickly give him a hug even though we're at a traffic light and cars are honking at us. ''It's not you and I know I can always talk to you, but I just want to hear what it's like from a person that has been through it.'' I explain, while Scott starts the car again.

We arrive at the pack house and I get out to go to Kirstie.

I walk up the stairs to her room before knocking on her door. Is this weird that I'm asking her? She's Scott's best friend but we aren't really friends. Will she be weirded out?

''Mitch!'' Kirstie opens the door, looking surprised but excited. At least she doesn't look annoyed.

''Hi.'' I give her a small smile. ''Do you have a minute?'' I ask, I don't want to just barge in if she has to do other things.

''Yeah, sure.'' She says, gesturing for me to come in. ''What's up?'' She asks when I'm in her room, closing the door.

''I wanted to ask you something.'' I say, sitting down in a chair in her room.

''Okay? What did you want to ask?'' She says, sitting down on her bed.

''Uhm, so Scott told me about the mating and the mating bite.'' I say, looking at her. ''It kind of creeped me out a little, biting is not something I'm into. You mated with your mate right?'' I can't help but blush a bit. I'm basically asking her about her sex life and we aren't even friends. ''Can you, uhm, maybe tell me what it's like? I can't imagine that it's good.''

''I was scared at the beginning too.'' Kirstie starts. ''But I trust Jeremy completely. I knew that the goddess couldn't have put us together if he would hurt me.'' She says, her voice calm and nice to listen to. ''And honestly, it was one of the best feelings in the world, I won't go into detail but in that moment you're just connected with your mate. You feel like the world just exists out of you and him, no one else. That moment was the best of my life, together with meeting Jeremy.'' She says, staring in the distance like she's imagining those moments right now.

''You make it sound so good.'' I say, bringing her out of her thoughts

''It genuinely was, Mitch.'' She says, looking me directly in the eye.

I mean I trust Scott right? Why do I feel this doubt if I trust Scott completely? Maybe it's fear of the unknown, I don't like to take risks. My body desperately wants to, my mind just isn't sure.

I'll just give myself an ultimatum. Next weekend I have to make up my mind. That means I have a week to get my shit together.

Don't forget to vote!