32~ Piece of cake

Scott's POV

I get out of the car, running away from Mitch. I need to get myself together. I need to stay away from Mitch the next 36 hours. I can't come close to him, it's probably best to not shift during the day tomorrow too.

The vampires. I have to meet up with them tomorrow. I'll just make plans with them and not shift. I'm afraid that if I shift my wolf takes over. He might go to Mitch's house and I want to prevent that.

I run through the streets to the forest, using the shadows to hide me. It's dark and there is no street light so it's not that hard.

Finally I reach the forest, going for a full run now. What do I have to do tomorrow? I'm going to meet up with the vampires and I'll bring Kirstie and Kyle. Maybe also Marcus, the head guard. Maybe I should just bring all my warriors and guards. Although it's risky to leave the pack unguarded. I'll just leave a few guards behind.

I finally arrive at the packhouse, the lights are still on. Kirstie comes running out of the house, attacking me in a hug. ''Where were you?!'' I'm still in wolf form so the hug is a bit awkward.

I quickly shift back and put my clothes on. ''It's a long story, do you have a while?'' I ask, gently hugging Kirstie. I know she's probably going to be mad that I didn't tell her that I went hunting with Mitch's family today. But so much happened after that she can't be mad for long, she's the beta of this pack and the pack needs her right now.

I tell her everything, that I shifted in front of Mitch and that the vampires need our help. ''I wish I was there, I would like to have seen the look on Mitch's face.'' Kirstie says, smiling at me. I sigh a breath in relief. She's not mad. ''The vampires are a problem though, we don't know for sure if they're going to be loyal. Maybe they'll turn against us the moment we free their leader. We need something to be sure they're loyal.'' She says, seemingly deep in thought.

''Let's just meet up with them tomorrow with most of our warriors and see then okay?'' I say. ''And it's full moon tomorrow, I know what you'll be doing tomorrow night.'' I say, winking at her. Tomorrow night would be a great opportunity for enemies to attack us because wolves are always 'distracted' with the full moon. I still have to get chains from somewhere to chain myself up. I can't lose control of my wolf, especially not after what happened last night. I know Mitch wanted more than just kissing but that didn't give me the right to just sink my teeth in his flesh, which luckily didn't happen. I need to tell him about marking first before actually doing it.

I head for my own room, I want to have a good night's sleep. ''I think we have some chains left in the dungeons.'' Kirstie says, probably knowing what I'm going to be doing with the full moon.

''Thanks, Kirstie. Let's go to sleep now, we need to be well-rested tomorrow.'' I say, now finally stepping inside my room. I need to sleep and not overthink tomorrow. It'll work out just fine. It's just that the last time I thought that, I outed myself to a group of hunters and ran into vampires. This time I have my pack with me though, nothing can go wrong now.

The next day I wake up to Kirstie shaking my shoulder. I turn around, opening my eyes to close them again. The light is too bright, I want to keep sleeping.

''Scott, wake up! We need to go meet the vampires now that the moon isn't influencing us that much.'' I fully open my eyes now. She's right, we don't know how long it's going to take and we need to be back before the moon comes out, which is around six.

I get out of bed, throwing on some sweats. Kirstie and I grab a sandwich before meeting the rest of the pack on the central square. I already explained to my pack what's going on and what's about to happen. The wolves who aren't coming with me have to stay inside so they aren't in much danger.

We head of in the direction of the vampire's cabin. I don't feel very nervous because I know my pack is with me. We all stay in human form to show them that we don't mean harm, being in wolf form is usually seen as hostile.

We arrive at the cabin, the vampires are already waiting outside. I still don't understand how they do it, being outside while the sun is out.

''Brought all your friends?'' Dan asks, eyeing my whole pack up and down. I see now that he has an arm around the other vampire Phil. Are they just friends or is there more? The girl vampire is just standing there, not saying anything.

''I'm just trying to get your leader out of rogue hands, did you think that me alone would be able to do that? I'm flattered.'' I say back, smirking at Dan.

''Okay smartass, do you have a plan?'' Dan asks.

I push Tyler forwards. ''This is the best tracker you can find, I think he'll be able to track your leader.''

''Good, do you want to go now?'' Dan asks.

''It's best if we go tomorrow when the full moon is over, everyone will be fully focused again. Now is about the worst moment you could choose.'' I say. Lots of my packmembers nod their head, agreeing with what I said.

''I'll meet you all here tomorrow at the same time then?'' Dan asks. He doesn't seem surprised by the news about the moon, maybe he already knew.

''Yes, we'll be there and remember, we outnumber you. Don't try anything funny.'' I warn them. I don't think they're a real threat though, unless they have about 20 vampires somewhere hidden. But then they wouldn't go to all this trouble right? They would just attack us. What would be in it for them to have all the werewolves against them?

''We won't.'' Dan says, sounding serious and honest for the first time since I met him.

We walk away from the vampires. This went well, nothing went wrong and we planned something for tomorrow. We'll save that leader of those vampires and kill most of the rogues. It's a win-win. The only thing I have to worry about now is tonight. When the sun goes down and the moon rises, my wolf will go nuts. He will do everything to get to Mitch.

I just need to prevent my wolf from getting to Mitch. Piece of cake. Right?

Don't forget to vote!