46~ Mixed feelings

Mitch's POV

Pregnant.

No.

I can't be pregnant.

I don't know what to believe anymore. First there are werewolves and now boys can get pregnant? What kind of world did I end up in?

I look around at the screen. I can see a white form already in the shape of a baby. A baby. My baby.

A big part of me is screaming, NO! I can't be pregnant, I'm still in college. I'm barely an adult, how can I care for a child? I don't have the time or finances or experience. The thought of raising a child is scaring me to death. I can never raise a child!

But there's this small part of me that is kind of happy. I would like to have a little baby to love, a baby with cute blond hair and blue eyes. A small Scott. A baby for my own to love and to care for, to play with. Scott, me and the baby would have our own little family and do cute family things together.

Silence takes over the room after Kevin has said that I'm pregnant. I can practically smell Scott overthinking everything next to me. I don't know what to think.

Should I be mortified? Should I be breaking down? I don't know.

I look over at Scott, trying to read his facial expression. Is he going to tell me to get rid of it?

The thought alone of getting rid of my baby is making me sick to the stomach. I know this baby was not planned and that it will be very inconvenient, but something in me is saying that it is wrong to abort it. I feel like this baby is already a part of me. I'm only nineteen and still in college so this baby is really inconvenient. But I can take online classes right? And when I have the baby I can just go back to school. It will work itself out. The only thing I know is that I want to keep this baby, no matter what.

"But how is that going to work?" Scott asks Kevin, bringing me out of my thoughts and breaking the silence in the room.

"I think it's just like a normal pregnancy, except the birth of course. He will have a c section then." Kevin explains calmly, looking at the both of us. He really doesn't seem worried.

"But we're both still in school, we're too young! How are we going to raise a child?!" Scott says desperately.

Kevin walks over to him and lays a hand on his shoulder, while grabbing my hand and squeezing it. "I think you two need to have a talk about that together. All I can say now is that you're a great alpha, Scott and a good guy and Mitch is too. You guys can take up online courses. Just always know that you have me and Kirstie and the whole pack behind you. Someone is always willing to help you out. That's why we're a pack, we're a family." He says, looking us both deep in the eyes. He is such an amazing guy, what would we do without him.

"I'll let you two alone now to talk this out, if you need help, just mindlink me." He says, before walking out of his office, closing the door behind him.

It stays silent for a while, both of us finding the right words to say. I don't know how to explain my mixed feelings.

"I don't know what to say." Scott says, finally putting an end to the silence. "Or what to feel."

"Me neither. Part of me is really scared and afraid what will happen next. But there's also a part of me that likes it that I'm pregnant with your child." I try to put my thoughts into words the best I can.

Scott releases a puff of air. Does he feel relieved? "I feel exactly the same. Most of me is saying that we're not ready, but also with me, a part of me is happy. I think that part is my wolf though. He likes that he made a our mate pregnant. I didn't expect you to actually be even just a bit happy. I thought you'd be repulsed."

I'm want to hug him right now, but I'm still laying on this bed and I'm so tired. "All I know now is that I don't want to get an abortion and I know that we have enough support to care for this child. It's going to be hard but not impossible. I think we can do it." I say, finally coming to terms with everything. I'm still scared but I feel like it's going to be okay. Scott and I are not some couple on 16 and pregnant. We are mates that are destined to be together. We have an entire pack behind us and a university that offers online courses.

Scott picks me up from the bed. "I'm terrified." He whispers in my ear, while hugging me close to him. "But knowing that I'm going through this journey with you makes it a bit less scary."

"I know, you're my everything. I love you so much. We can do this." I whisper back in his chest. In that moment I really feel like we can. "It's going to be hard. Really hard. But we can do this." I say, trying to calm me, but also Scott.

"How are we going to tell your parents though?" Scott asks.

I let out a deep sigh. I hadn't even thought of that. "I don't know yet, that's a problem for later. Maybe we should start by telling the pack." Right now, I'm just still in shock and trying to process everything. I'm just happy that Scott and I are on the same page and trying to figure it out. We will be fine, I'm sure of it. 

Thank you all so much for 50k reads! I can't believe it, thank you so much!

Don't forget to vote!