Bringing the Old Me Back (part one)

Edward's hands clinched the wheel tight and his jaw was almost locked into place. I hated seeing him like this, but he wouldn't tell me what was wrong. not when I was human and certainly not when I was a vampire. I could tell it was something about changing me back though, his eyes would leave the road sometimes and look at me. I forced a smile to act as if I wasn't worried as well and since he couldn't read my mind, he believed it.

"Bella?" his voice was soft and I looked at him. his face had gone from hard to soft and worried. his eyebrows caved in to his perfect face and his mouth was stuck in a worried line.

"Yes." I answered.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For leaving you."

"Edward, I-"

"No, if I would have stayed you would have been still human and I wouldn't have to do this."

"Do what?"

He rubbed his hand back and forth over the top of mine.

"I love you."

I looked over to where Edward's eyes had drifted. all I could see was a shack. Several people walked in from the woods. Jake! I nearly squealed. then a woman.

She was old and her skin fell over all of her bones. her hair sat in long braids on her shoulder and she carried a long jacket on her back. she motioned towards Edward who looked back at me and grabbed my hand.

I snuggled into his shoulder knowing nothing about this situation seemed good.

"I'm becoming human again?"

"Yes." I would have asked Edward more questions but when he was in these phases you could get nothing but short, one worded answers from him.

Jake grabbed my other arm and I let him hug my waist.he smiled and pecked my cheek.

"Can I ask you a question bells?"

"Sure."

"Did you like being a red-eye, a leech, a..a v-v-vampire."

Jake spat out the word and then looked at the ground.

"It had its advantages."

"Like what?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Bella, you might not have a later."

"Jacob." Edward ended. "she doesn't need to know."

"I think she already does, but you're the bloodsucker in charges so, ey ey captain."

We walked into the hut and in the middle of the room sat a bed. Not a regular bed, a medical bed. it was plain and white. the lady came back and she carried to needles with her. She placed them into a bowl and motioned for me to sit down.

I was a rock on Edward, refusing to let him go.

"You'll be fine." was all she said.

I let go of him and sat on the very edge of the bed.

"My name is Melinda, I am a medical specialist. I have been given a task and I will preform quickly and with care. worry not for yourself for I have done this many a times. are you ready to began?"

"I'm confused."

"About what exactly?"

"You're going to change me back to human, I get that, but how. more importantly am I going to walk out of this.....alive."

"Yes, I have done this many times. the Volturi aren't dumb, they hire the best because usually changed vampires have connections with bigger vampire covens. They don't want rebellion so they hire the best to make sure the human walks out on two feet."

Every knot in my stomach got deeper. Edward walked up to me and placed my face in between his hands.

"You'll be fine." he kissed my forehead and then my mouth. I tried to deepen the kiss but he pulled away. Jake wrapped his humongous arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder.

"I'll be here when you wake up." I laughed and he smiled.

"Well then, let's get started."

TO BE CONTINUED.........

(Author's note)

Thanks so much for everyone who has voted and commented on my story and everyone that has gotten me to FIVE HUNDRED READS!! it may not seem like a lot to some people but it's a big honor for me, this is probably going to be the last update for a while, but please continue to like and comment and tell me if you like the story.

(P.S if you comment on the story and I don't reply back immediately it's either because I'm to socially awkward and don't know what to say or I just haven't had the time to look. LUV EVERYONE!!!