Going Out With A Bang

"Is it wrong?" I questioned laying against Edward's stone chest.

He shrugged, "depends on how you look at it."

"There is only one way to look at it. I get myself into some... stuff and leave it to you guys to fix it."

"That's not entirely true."

"Yes it is."

"There's not much you can do to help."

"Then change me. Let me help."

"You're helping enough by staying human."

There was a knock at the door and Edward got up to answer it. I laid on my back and he retuned quickly.

"Wanna come?"

I didn't know where, but I nodded and let him lead me to the living room. All the Cullen clan was there and Mike again.

"These vampires present a threat we can't handle on our own."

"Werewolves." Alice suggested.

"Relationships have been strained with them."

"We have someone they will talk to."

Eyes fell upon me.

"I could try and talk to them." I smiled sheepishly and let them continue their talk. Something told me to stay out of the blood vampire details.

I went to the kitchen and made myself a plate of eggs before returning to the living room and eating.

"Bella, what is the soonest you can contact the wolves?"

"Whenever you want, I have Jake's number, I would me surprised if he answered first ring though."

I placed the plate on the coffee table and pulled out my cellphone. I dialed Jake's number and let it ring.

"Hello?"

"Jake!"

"Bella? Is everything alright?"

"Not exactly."

"What's wrong?"

"Another set of crazed vampires after good ol' me."

"Again Bella? What are you doing that ticks off all the wrong people?"

"You tell me. So, I was hoping you could..."

"Call me pack and help the leeches fight." He said interrupting my sentence.

"Yes. Will you Jake?"

"Of course Bella, I'd do anything to keep you safe."

"Thanks Jake, I mean it."

"Do you mind if we come in the morning?"

"Like what time?"

"Four in the morning."

"I'll be sleeping, but I'm sure some vampire will be there to answer the door."

"Bye Bells."

"Bye Jake."

I hung up the phone and looked at the rest of the Cullens.

"I'll get the Denali coven and some others to see if they'll come out." Carlisle left the room.

If this was the end we were sure going out with a bang.