Going Back

I blinked awake and felt a bright stream of sun hit my face. I wasn't cold so I knew Edward was nowhere near. I pulled the sheets tighter against my naked chest. Everything that had happened last night was an unsure blur, the only thing I knew was I was extremely sore. My back and neck ached and I could barely move. I ate another slice of pizza and then turned on T.V flipping aimlessly through channes. 

There was a knock on the door and after putting Edward's shirt back on I went to answer it. Edward stormed in right past me. 

"Is everything okay?" 

"Yeah, I....needed to hunt." 

"Oh, catch anything good?" I said sitting besided him and laying my head in his lap. He stroked my hair. 

"Not really, a deer." 

"Oh, I ate deer once, as a human and as a vampire." I looked up at Edward's eyes and they were black. He was...hungry. 

"Edward?" 

"Yes?" He said staring out the window. 

"If you just....fed, why are your eyes still black?" 

"It takes a while to settle in." 

"Are you lying to me?" 

"Bella..." 

"What's so important you couldn't tell me? It's only our second day of marriage and already you're lying to me." 

"Bella, you make think you understand the vampire world, but there is still much you don't know." 

"Then tell me. Tell me so i'll know about your vampire world." 

"I don't know everything about the human world." 

"That's a lie, you were a human." 

"Bella..." He started. 

"Forget it." I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door. I took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around me before walking out. On the bed sat jeans and a T-shirt and no Edward. 

I put on the clothes, grabbed another slice of pizza, and ate it before falling asleep. 

To say we were in the middle of Vegas I was suprisinly cold. Edward. His cold body was hard, but soft in just enough places to make me feel like I was sleeping on a pillow. 

"Where were you?" 

"Hunting, seriously this time." I checked his eyes to make sure his story was real. They were back to amber. 

"I don't like arguing." I whispered. 

"Me neither." 

"Then tell me the truth." 

"Jacob wanted to talk to you and I told him that wasn't a good idea." 

"Talk to me? About what?" 

"He wanted you to know that what happened to Charlie was never his intentions." 

"Speaking of Charlie, shouldn't you be there fighting." 

"The war is over." 

"Who won." 

"The pack is no longer in Forks." 

"Where are they?" 

"Carlisle said they all spilt and at least half of them are dead. We lost several people too." 

"Who?" 

"Irene and Tanya. We almost lost Emmett." 

"I wish I could see them." 

"I have a rental car, we could always go back." 

"Renee!" I yelled jumping up. "What about Renee?" 

"I don't know....I don't know where she is." 

I fell back into Edward's arms. 

"Let's go back."