Protection

"Do you have everything?" Edward asked, leaning over my shoulder and playing with my hair.

"Yeah, everything."

"They aren't very good trackers, once you're with Alice and Rosalie your scent will fade."

I sighed and looked up into Edward's amber eyes. The wolf pack had already agreed to help fight. Other a dozen new members had joined and kids as young as age twelve were still changing.

I was being sent away with Alice and Rosalie and I didn't even know where I was going. Edward gave me a smile and I knew it was forced. No one was particularly happy about the situation. I started to tell him something and then my mood changed.

I wasn't worried anymore. I was relaxed and calm.

"Jasper." I mumbled.

"Be good Bella." Edward sighed and pulled me into a hug. "No tempting vampires."

"Got it."

"No jumping off cliffs."

"Got ya."

"No chasing after me."

"I assure you I will be doing no such things."

"Good, I love you."

"I love you too, bye."

I walked out of the room and into Alice's arms. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me close.

"This is going to be amazing Bella."

"Sure it will." Rosalie said dully.

"Don't be such a party pooper Rose. This will be fun." Alice stared with authority. Without even giving me a chance to speak, Alice dragged me into her car and tossed my bags in the back.

"Gee thanks Alice." I mumbled.

She began driving away and I gave one last wave to Edward. This situation seemed to familiar and yet so distance. It was weird.

I assured myself this wouldn't be the last time I saw him. I would see him again and that was a fact.

There was little room for doubt with Alice near.