Kiss Me

I rubbed my neck only to discover it was still sore. Edward had almost lost himself back there. I rubbed the spot on my neck that hurt the most and Edward adjust his body to support me there. It felt like an ice bag on my neck.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, I have to learn my lesson about tempting vampires."

"You didn't learn it before?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, shut-up." I smacked his chest lightly and he grinned. I wondered what was going through that pretty head. Did he want more of my blood? How was he resisting himself now? I looked up at his amber eyes.

"What?" He questioned.

"How?"

"How-"

"How can you control yourself?"

"It's very difficult, I want more of your blood yes, but I know I can't have any. Why thirst after something you'll never have?"

I shrugged, "it kind of makes sense, but I just...."

Edward pulled me into his chest and held me inches from his face. His icy breath had me captivated.

"I love you Isabella Swan and I would never hurt you." He brought his lips to mine and I didn't want to release. I loved him and I wanted more than anything for him to be happy and satisfied. I wanted him to taste my blood if it meant him being happy.

It was crazy and weird and I didn't even know how to fully explain it. I just wanted my perfect happiness to live in the bliss I was having with him.