Minor Cravings

"Bella? Bella!" Alice began shaking my arm heavily and I jumped alert.

"What is it?"

"You missed breakfast and lunch. I had to go shopping by myself."

She motioned towards nearly a hundred bags in the corner.

"Poor you." I said sarcastically, but it sounded slightly harsh. I hated days like theses when I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Probably that time.

I got out of bed and head downstairs. I fished some more eggs out of the cabinet and began cooking them.

Alice sat in front of me with a concerned look.

"What's with you?"

"I'm worried about you Bella."

"What do you mean?"

"You're acting strange. Different. "

"You're one to talk." I snapped. Alice looked hurt and turned to walk away. I grabbed her hand and smiled.

"I'm sorry, it's one of those mornings."

Alice nodded and sat down again while I ate another batch of eggs.

"You'll eat the whole thing before tomorrow. We brought two whole cartons Bella. How does one girl eat two whole cartons?"

"I've been hungry and stressed."

"About what?"

"Edward mostly. I'm scared for him."

"You did give him something to say goodbye, right?"

"Alice, I'm shocked that you would think I would do that sort of thing." I couldn't help, but smile as I remembered my and Edward's pre-game ritual before he left. That had been almost two days ago and I could still feel his touch.

"Oh, I think Bella has been naughty."

"Never." I smiled at Alice and she laughed.

"I guess you could say marriage has never tasted so good."

"Alice!" I smacked her arm lightly. "That's disgusting and it's more like marriage has never felt so good."

"Same difference." I placed my plate in the sink and turned around, a bit too quickly because soon after my head felt light. I grabbed the counter and then sprinted for the bathroom.

I made it just in time to vomit up my eggs. I wiped my mouth with a rag and brushed my teeth quickly. Rosalie came in behind me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, probably just some bad eggs."

"Alice seems to think differently." Rosalie handed me a pack of tampons and it hit me like a punch to the face and gut. I was late. I was pregnant.