Forks

"Forks is not far from here." Edward said as the rain started to fall harder. That was an obvious give-a-way were near Forks. I smiled weakly. I was trying to get Renee and Phil off my mind but I couldn't shake the thoughts. I had texted Renee telling her I was okay and when asked where I was. I never texted back. Some part of me didn't honestly want to see my mom. I wanted her to forget about me and live the life she wanted to live with Phil. 

"What's wrong?" Edward asked reading my facial expressions. 

"Nothing, I just....I don't know. These past few months have been...." 

"Stressful?" 

"Exactly. I never knew all this would happen from turning eighteen." 

"It usually doesn't happen for normal teens who date normal boys." 

I smiled again and Edward rubbed my arm. 

"It'll be okay and Alice is dying to see you again." 

I laughed, I missed Alice. Her off the wall personality was exactly what I needed right now. I saw the sign saying 10 miles to Forks. I remember first coming to the raining town and my heart dropped. Charlie. I missed him. I wish we had been closer when....before....he died. 

Edward began speeding up and I noticed his clenched jaw. I looked behind us and saw a silver sports car. 

"Edward?" 

He didn't look at me or answer me, but I knew he heard me. 

"Who are those people?" 

Edward made a sharp turn taking us towards Seattle and the car followed. 

"Bella do you have your seat belt on?" 

I nodded. 

"Good." 

He made another sharp turn and the car slid a little, but remained on the road. 

"Are they vampires?" I yelled. 

"Yes." 

"Then running isn't getting us anywhere Edward." 

"What do you propose we do?" 

"They have my scent Edward there is nothing we can do." 

He made another sharp turn going through the forest. The car followed. Edward hit several branches causing the wind shield to break. I had glass cuts all over my hands and face. 

Edward made more turns and more branches flew backwards. He swerved out and somehow got back on a highway. He sped off and the car was still on our tail. 

"Edward!" I yelled. 

It was to late. We hit a semi-truck, the car flip, and everything from there was complete darkness.