[chapter 02]

My time with Jake was short lived and I went home shortly after our conversation at the beach. Charlie was already home. that was new, Charlie usually didn't get home until after dark and I had time to get dinner ready. also to my surprise, he had a cheese pizza laying out with two pieces already missing.

"Hey dad, I didn't expect you home so early."

"Yeah, it was slow today. I brought some pizza thinking you weren't in the mood for cooking." he helped himself to another slice and I sat down and ate to.

"With Jacob today?"

"Yeah, we hung out." I bit into the hot pizza and cooled my tongue with some cold soda.

"That's good. glad to see you out and about."

"Yeah." we ate in silence for a long time before Charlie got up and dumped his plate in the sink. He made his way to the couch where he kicked off his work boots, threw his belt aside and made himself comfortable on the couch watching a baseball game.

"Hey bells, fetch me a beer will you."

I got up and handed him a beer and made my way upstairs. pain flung itself through my heart. this room was him. his body had laid in this bed and next to me and now he was gone. possibly forever. I laid down trying to cover the hole in my chest. I had to take a breath and lay down.

I looked over to my closet where the dismantled stereo sat wrapped in a trash bag. I wanted to be rid of anything that reminded me that he is no longer here. my bed felt warm and for a strange reason I wanted it to be cold with the body of my immortal angel.

I drifted off into an unstable sleep. the night cries started soon after. Charlie rocked me awake. he have me a glass of water and threatened to find Edward and show him a piece of his mind. he talked to me for a while which was unnatural of him. he brought back another cup filled with warm milk and told me that his mother used it all the time. he wished me goodnight and told me to speak to my mother in the morning. I said okay and he left.

I fell back to sleep and in the middle of the night I sensed a presences. I jumped awake and looked around. nothing was there. I laid back down but was not comfortable. my window blew in a cool breeze and I realized I had closed that earlier. I ran to the window and held on to it. I looked out and there was nothing there. I turned around and a being was sat in front of me.

A yell formed in my throat and stuck. he looked up as if he didn't know he was in my room missing with my things. his eyes were red, those of a rogue vampire. his skin was pale and his shoulders strong. he glided to me and his breath was ice.

"Hello." he said politely.

I nodded and he moved away. he sat down on my bed and ran his hands over my sheets before taking a whiff.

"Edward has some strength keeping away from you. I'd be at your neck in seconds."

I was in a dangerous situation and even now his name saddened me. I grew nervous and with the nervousness I grew weak. my knees shifted and I felt like I was being stabbed slowly.

"Edward." he related. "yes, I met him. fine fellow we'll have to get together some time. me, you, him, and Selene. that's my lady friend." he smiled and looked up at me again.

"Where is he?"

"Who? Edward? long gone, last time we met he was down and depressed. about you I suppose."

"What do you want?"

"Nothing. I figured i'd see what he was talking about. He was right, your scent is a killer." His velvet voice was like poison. it went into your body undetected but came out in a storm."

"Bella I've had my share of human blood, but a drop of yours would satisfy me forever. that's why I'm not going to kill you. all I want is a drop."

I don't know what he mistook me for but I wasn't it. leaving my hand in the hand of a rogue vampire. he must have thought I was crazy.

"Tell me where Edward is."

"I told you, I don't know."

"I know you do. tell me where he is an exchange for my blood."

He thought and finally nodded.

"Have a nice night Bella."

He dipped down from the window