Funeral

I placed the flower at the head of Charle's coffin. It was closed. Emmett and Jasper found his head by his boat and his body in the woods. How could Jake? I took my seat in between Edward and Phil. Phil rubbed my mom's shoulder and she cried lightly. I couldn't help, but look around see that Edward was the only vampire in attendance. 

"Where is everyone?" I whispered. 

"Away." 

"Doing what?" 

"The treaty has been broken Bella. It's now war." 

"The treaty? I thought that was a way to limit your appitites to animals." 

"No, death on either side." 

"Where am I in this?" 

"Go with Phil and Renee." 

"No." 

"Bella listen!" Edward yelled and then fixed his collar and settled down. "The next few months here will be....chaos. No human is expected to survive." 

"War? Is this really the option? A treaty to keep humans safe, ended by killing more humans." 

"Go with Renee and Phil. I'll follow your scent afterwards and come to see you." 

"Edward? Are you going to be okay?" 

"I hope so." 

Everyone rised as they carried Charlie's coffin and began lowering him in the ground. Tears ran down my cheeks and neck. Edward comforted me in his cold embrace. His hands tightened around me and I looked up to see his face. 

He ran. He ran faster than I had ever seen him run. He dashed through the woods and I heard a loud thundering noise. The war had begun.