iv. you against me

iv. you against me { Mat Kearney - Ships In the Night }

   "Wow." said Liam, and placed the letter on the coffee table. I nodded and sighed.

"Liam, I need to save the lad."

"No, I totally agree with you, but do you think that you can? Harry, he sounds like he doesn't want to be saved."

I scoffed. "Liam, how could you even say something like that? I have been in his shoes, remember? I once said I didn't want to be saved, but in reality you just want someone to throw down the door and stop you."

Liam frowned and starred at the letter. His eyebrows furrowed together and I felt Niall lay his head on my shoulder.

I looked around the room. Zayn was passed out on the couch, but the room had never felt so full. Maybe that's what Louis needed. Someone to look after him.

"Harry, mate did you notice something odd about this letter?"

I raised my head up. "No, what?" My voice was small.

He smiled sympathetically. "I think we might be able to find the lad, Haz. Look-" He turned the letter so the words were towards me. "-Some of the letters in this paragraph, and this other one are bolded."

I nodded. "Emphasis?" said Niall. I nodded in agreement.

"Maybe, that's what I thought too but if you look closer it's only one singler letter bolded out. Maybe the lad did that so people could take out the bolded letters and maybe figure out a word."

Nialls mouth fell open. "Wow."

"It's smart." commented Liam, looking down at the letter. I jumped up and searched frantically for paper and pen. I handed it to Liam. "Alright let's see. Theres a 't', 'h', 'u', 'r', 'single', 'sky', 'grey', 's', 'soft-spot', 'road', 'road', 'hate', 'd', 'a', and 'y'."

I frowned and looked at the words.

T

H

U

R

Single

Sky

Grey

S

Soft-spot

Road

Road

Hate

D

A

Y

"Thursday!" I exclaimed and pointed at the single letters. Liam raised his eyebrows in shock.

"Oh yes, look at that lads!" he laughed and wrote Thursday separately. He then crossed off the letters.

Single

Sky

Grey

Soft-spot

Road

Road

Hate

"Wait, what day is it?" said Zayn, a hand over his face. I checked my phone. Tuesday. My eyes widened.

"W-we have to hurry up, what if he tries to co-comit on Thursday?" I stuttered and closed my eyes. I felt a hand on my back.

"Hey, we'll find him." whispered Niall, and I nodded. I glanced at Liam, who was very into this.

"It's like a puzzle." whispered Liam, and took out his phone.

"What you doing, Li?" asked Niall. Liam bit onto the cap of the pen as he typed angrily.

"Okay, I typed 'Sky Grey Road' and there is actually one here in Doncaster." said Liam, holding up his phone. My eyes widened.

"How far away?" I asked and Liam threw me his phone. I looked through the whole page. It was only fourteen minutes from here. "It's only-"

"-Fourteen minutes." smiled Liam, I jumped up.

"We have to go find him, Liam. I have to go stop him before Thursday!" I said, and Liam gave me a sympathetic smile. "What?"

"Tomorrow is our last day here, Harry." said Niall, and I felt my stomach do a flop.

"What?" I exclaimed and sat down. "No, no no. Liam, I have to go find him."

"Mate, I'm all for but you know our management."

"Management? Who fuckin cares about them!" I yelled, and threw my hands in the air. "There is a boy not much older than us, Liam, out there feeling lost hoping that someone bothered enough to decipher his own code!"

Liam looked away, not bothering to argue. I yelled in frustration.

"Harry, we can't just disobey them. They are our man-"

"But not our boss or our bloody moms Niall." I snapped and shook my head. "You guys didn't see how broken that family was."

"You barely fuckin know him!" yelled Liam, and I shook my head. "You barely fuckin know the lad. Maybe he was a bad guy and m-"

"-No one deserves to die like that, Liam. They don't deserve to be left alone in a moment like that, he feels alone and lost. He needs someone to go and help him. Support him in everything." I yelled back, and pushed myself off the couch. Liam scoffed.

"Thank you for everything but I think its time for you to leave."

"Harry?" said Niall, but I just opened the door. Niall sighed, but obeyed. Zayn groaned and got up too.

"I said leave Liam." I said coldly, and Liams eyes met mine. I looked away and heard as he closed the door. I turned and sighed.

Louis Tomlinson don't you think for a minute that I'm going to let you down this easily. I'll save you, I'll help you. I promise.