liv. alive

Drew Baxter | Whispers
***

I heard as Harry walked into the house. I lifted my head to see his face. It was drained out of its usual color.

"Harry?" I whispered. His green eyes met mine, as he stumbled into his room. He smiled at me, sadly.

"I-I." He said, covering his face with his hands and sobbing into them. I ran to him, wrapping my arms around him.

"Harry, please. What happened? Is it Liam?" I said, my thumbs stroking his arms. He laughed, bitterly.

"They-uhm, they discovered cancer cells in my blood." He said, smiling. "I just-wow."

I froze, and slowly sat down in-front of him. "Are you-is it..." I didn't even finish the sentence.

***

"So they supposedly help?" I whisper as the younger boy twined our hands together, then separated them.

"I hope so." He whispered. It had been almost three hours since he had calm down. His eyes were still blood-shot from crying, and him rubbing them.

"Baby, everything will be okay. I'm sure of it." I whispered, kissing his neck softly. He hummed, but he just starred right ahead. In his own world.

"Harry, why don't you fall asleep, yeah? Just a nap." I said, playing with his hair. His eyes met mine, he was so young and seeing so much hurt.

"I-okay." He said, and I slowly got up to make more room. I rested his head on the couch, barely brushing my lips to his forehead.

"I love you, baby." I whispered, and went to the door. I turned around to watch as he slowly drifted to sleep.

I sighed, and went to the kitchen. Sitting down on the couch, I let all the tears out. Sobbing quietly.

How could Harry have, or might have cancer ? The kid is so young, and needs to live his whole life. He needs to be alive, alive and happy for his whole life. Not to be taken away by some stupid disease. This wasn't fair. This isn't the fair.