xii. date?

XII. Date?

{ Troye Sivan (cover) - Heartbreak Girl }

    I smiled and shook my head. "I don't think there's a day that passes by that I don't think that I would've made it."

He met my gaze and he smiled widely. "I think that there was a small chance inside me that wishes that Harry would go through the door." He shifted from his seat, and kept my gaze.

"Did he?" said the doctor, and I looked away. No, I failed him.

"No." he said, his voice neutral. "But that's okay. They told me that he tried, they explained everything."

I looked up at him. He smiled. "I don't hate him, despite what he thinks. He saved me when no one could, heard my cries and even if he wasn't physically there in my room when I was hurting, I know that he tried. And that's all that matters."

I swallowed my lips, and he smiled. Louis rose from his chair and left. Everyone watched him, but no one dare to go after him. I rose from my spot and went after him.

"Louis?"

"What?" he snapped, his eyes watery. I swallowed. "I'm sorry, I didn't. .-"

"It's okay." I said, and looked down at the ground. Had he meant everything he said? Or was that just lies.

"Look, Mr.Styles, I appreciate what you did for me but I just ... I don't want to cause you any trouble." he said, wiping his eyes. I shook my head.

"What are you talking about?"

"Yesterday, your management called me. They told me 'their glad I'm alive but they need me to stay away from Harry' ... bad for the press."

I frowned. "They don't own me."

He shrugged. "I'm trying to be okay, Harry. I don't need this on my plate." He bit his lip and smiled softly.

He took a step towards me and kissed my cheek. "Thank you for saving me." He whispered then walked away. I stood there watching as he left.

Run after him you idiot.

"No." I responded to the voice in my head. I looked down at my hands and bit my lip. "He needs to be alright."

- -

*Two Months Later*

"Mate." said someone, nudging my leg. I opened one eye and groaned.

"Is it morning already?" I said, rubbing my eyes. Liam smiled, and he shook his head.

"Not necessary. It's 11 pm." he said, his smile cheeky.

"Then why am I awake, you bloke?" I punched his shoulder, and we both laughed.

"I just wanted to see if your okay." he said, biting his lip. Ever since I last saw Louis, every day Liam would ask me about my day, my week and my month. And I'd say the same thing ..

"I'm okay." I said, smiling. He smiled back and nodded.

"Good! So I wanted to do something stupid today." he said, leaning back. I raised and eyebrow.

"Do you now? Since when does daddy direction do something risky?" I teased.

"Since I discovered that I like gay bars."

I choked on my spit, and widened my eyes. "Wait what?"

"I'm kidding, mate. Now c'mon, lets go on a date."

"A date?" I smirked. "Are my devious looks finally getting to you?" His cheeks getting red.

"No!" he protested. I smiled and placed a hand on his thigh.

"You sure about that, big boy." I whispered, and saw something flickering through his eyes. He looked away and met someone else's gaze.

"Oh, Niall! Nice for you to join us. We're going to a club." I said, going to the Irish lad and wrapping a hand around him.

"Good. I've been craving a good shag." his voice cold as ice.

"Niall.." said Liam, his eyes filled with hurt. I raised an eyebrow.

"When are we leaving?" Niall asked, turning away from Liam's begging gaze. I smiled.

"An hour."

Niall smirked. "I'll tell Zayn."

Niall turned back to Liam, and walked away. I sighed and sat back down on the couch.

"Harry? What the fuck?" whispered Liam. "It was just supposed to be me and you."

I frowned. "You guys are going to thank me sooner or later." He shook his head and left in frustration. I shrugged to myself and looked down at my phone.

I pressed my thumb to the round button in the middle of my phone, and Louis' smiling face lits up. I smiled to myself, and sniffle.

"I miss you." I whispered to myself, thinking of how Louis' life was. What he was doing right now.

Louis made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me. Which was understandable. My life was crazier than his. I was famous and he wasn't. Management wouldn't let it happen. They turned ape-shit when I admitted to being gay in the spring.

Which explains why their such hard-asses against me and my actions. But not being able to see Louis is frustrating. I need to see Louis. I need to hear Louis. Feel him. Tell him that no matter what I'm here for him.

I sighed internally and punch in my passcode. I bite my lip and click on my 'Twitter' app. I go to the 'new tweet' button on the top of the app.

'Missing someone is the worst kind of feeling :('

I contemplate on either deleting it or sending it. I bit my lip again. My thumb hovering over the 'send'.

@Harry_Styles: Missing someone is the worst feeling ever :(