1

I gazed deep into her soft brown eyes, finding myself pulled into their depths, lost in their beauty. It wasn't just her eyes that we're amazing. She had the most wonderful smile. One that I couldn't help but fall in love with. Everything, down to the last strand of hair on her beautiful blond head, was breathtaking. And even more so today, our wedding day.

All our family and friends were there. The sun streamed through the stained glass windows all around us, illuminating the hundreds of happy faces. But no one in that room was as happy as I. I wished I could show them how it felt to be stood there in front of this beautiful woman, hand in hand as the vicar read from his bible, joining us in matrimony. If I could pick just one moment from my life, this would be it. It was terrifying and wonderful all at once. Even the desperate sadness that had engulfed us in the days and months running up to this moment couldn't take away just how magical I felt.

'I, Daniel Campbell Smith, take you, Hannah Marie Macintosh, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part.' My voice cracked slightly. The vows that many took for granted, had bought us together that day. I could see the tears filling up in her eyes.

'I, Hannah Marie Macintosh, take you, Daniel Campbell Smith, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death-' She hesitated. I gave her hands a reassuring squeeze. She nodded. '- do us part.' She smiled sadly at me.

'I hearby pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.'

I kissed her softly, all too aware of how fragile she felt right then. It had been perfect, it had all gone off without a single problem. It hadn't been the lavish, expensive wedding either of us had planned, but in such a short amount of time, I think we pulled it off. All that mattered was that we were married and all our family and friends had got to share the day. There was an applause and we both beamed. I watched the faces of our families all looking at us. There were a few tears of joy and an equal amount of sadness.

Lily, in her little pink bridesmaid dress and flowers in her hair, dragged her unwilling big sister Maddie over to us, and jumped up into my arms.

'Did I do well, Dan?' She asked. I enveloped her and her mother, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

'Yes you did.' She had been so excited about being a bridesmaid and had acted like an angel all day. I carried her back down the aisle in one arm, my other supporting Hannah as we walked slowly. All I wanted to do now was get home and enjoy the time I had left with my beautiful wife.