I Want To Go To ULTRA

There's an awkward silence for a few seconds and I'm not sure if I want to laugh, cry or throw myself into his arms.

Suddenly someone bursts in and breaks the tension between us. We both turn to see who it is. John starts to say "Steven. I was so-" But I just yelp and teleport myself under the couch.

Cool. I've got the hang of this teleporting thing.

"Is she okay?" Steven asks. "I think she's fine. Where do you think she went? Get Cara... she might be able to get a trace." John says worriedly. "Get me for what?" a girl voice says, as more footsteps come into the room. "She teleported out... we don't know-" John starts to explain but Steven cuts him off. "Guys!" I can basically feel all the attention in the room snap over to him.

"Think like her. What would you do if you just found out? She wouldn't go home for fear of ULTRA and for not being accepted... and there's no where else she could've gone... so..." I can hear him walk towards my couch. "Lyric... come out." he says.

I sigh and close my eyes, teleporting back to the couch.

"How she does that with the D-chip is beyond me." someone else says walking in. I recognize him immediately. "Russell?" I ask. "You know it girl. How are you doing?" he asks cheerfully. "Wait... you know each other?" John asks quizzically. "Yea this is Dylan's sister. I met-" I cut him off. "Woah, woah, woah... can someone explain what he's doing here?" I ask, pointing to Steven.

Cara, who turns out to be a very pretty brunette with brown eyes, steps forward. "We found him before ULTRA did but.... Jedekiah's his uncle so he's working as a double agent over there, when really he's on our side." she explains. "The only catch is that he can't ever let it slip where we are and how he's actually on our side." I nod then glance over to Steven. "Sorry about earlier... if I didn't... I'd probably be..." he never finishes but we all know what he was going to say.

Dead.

"Well, then I guess that we should actually properly introduce ourselves. Hello. My name is Lyric Young. Though I'm pretty sure we met briefly at school." I say holding out my hand. "And I'm Steven Jameson, and yes, we did." he replies, taking my hand and shaking it. "So... where exactly are we?" I say, turning back to Cara. "In an abandoned underground subway station. Perfectly safe." she says. "Anyways, Steven's got news. I can feel it. Go ahead Steven." she nods.

"Not good news..." he starts. "Jedekiah won't stop looking for her until he finds her. They are going to start putting tabs on us all, finding out where we are 24/7. He wants her. No way around it. He's going to every extent. If we wait much longer, they'll start using extreme telepaths to find her." he points to me.

"We can't just bring her back up there... they'll find her for sure." Cara exclaims. They all nod. "What are we supposed to do? Keep her down here until someone finds her... and us all?" John asks. "But if she goes back up..." Russell stops.

We all start to think.

There's nothing we can do.

I can't go up there or they'll find me for sure... and that would just make this all pointless...

And I can't stay down here because if they find us all... it'd be all because of me.

I can't let that happen.

"I want to go there." I say. "Where?" Cara asks carefully. "I want to go to ULTRA. I'll be a double agent like Steven. He can protect me. I trust him." I say. "Says the one who hid under the couch when I walked in." Steven puts in. "That was before I knew. If I stay, they find all of us. If I go, it'll be pointless and they find me. I can't let that happen." I say.

John looks around the circle of us. "Anyone against? Speak now or forever hold your peace." he says smirking. "All in then? Alright. Steven you take her tomorrow morning at 9. Act like you found her and she put up a fight. Like we ditched her and she doesn't know anything. Everyone get some rest. We've got a long day tomorrow." John says and with that, we all move out.

What did I just get myself into?

Cara to the side>>>>>