Don't Try And Stop Me

They knocked Cara out and I have no idea what they are going to do to the rest of them! Russell shouts.

I try 1 more time with Steven. "Steven." I gasp. He turns, concerned. "You okay?" He asks. "Cara's in trouble. There's a paranormal kill squad down at the Bunker." He looks at the bottle. "So it works. Hook me up, doctor." He says. "We need to help them!" I yell. "I can't help until I can kill." He states. "Listen to yourself! You've gone mad! Why would you want to kill?" I exclaim. "I don't want to." He states. I let out a relieved breath. "I need to." He says.

And with that I make my decision. "They could be dead by the time you get there." I say, teleporting out. I land in the bunker. Luckily, no one saw me.

Suddenly I realise... It's dead quiet. Am I too late?

Russell! Where are you? I yell. The office. Come quick. he responds. I run to the office to see a blonde haired girl on the ground and 6 uniformed men on the ground at the other end of the room. "What happened!?" I ask. "Kill squad... knocked Cara out, I TK'd the bullets everywhere, Cara stood up, punched her," he said referring to the blonde girl. "And then she teleported away." He explains rapidly.

"Come on!" I hold his hand and teleport.

Where we land, I did not expect.

Stevens room.

He's sitting on his bed, blue bottle of Annex in hand. He looks up. "Is Cara okay?" He asks softly. I nod. "You okay?" I ask. He nods. "Don't lie to me." I say softly. Russell hangs back, but I approach. "No.... I'm not okay. My dad died. He said he believed in me, but, I don't know what he means. I can't do this." He says. I sit next to him. "No. You can do it. You are strong. And if you slip, I'll pick you up." I look at the bottle. "No one has to die, Steven." I say.

He takes the syringe and infuses it with the blue liquid. Cara appears then. She looks around. "Russell..." she says. "... I don't blame you. I promise."

Steven looks up at us. "Don't try and stop me." He says, holding the syringe tightly in his hand. He holds it close to his arm.

"I won't." I say. "I won't either." Cara says. "Me neither." Russell says. He looks at us. "I have to do this. The Founder took everything from me." He says. "Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself." I say. "We're still here." Cara points out. "If we don't stop him... John, Astrid, my brother... they're all dead." He says.

Cara smiles a soft smile. "I believe in you, Steven. I have from the beginning.... the first time I heard your voice. I knew." She looks at me. "Same to you. The first time I saw you, I knew." she smiles. "Knew what?" Steven asks. "That you'd be the ones to save all of us." she says.

"How?" He asks. "Not like this. Not by giving up your humanity," she looks at me. "Not by giving up on the ones you love." She slowly takes the syringe from his hands, and he lets her. He rubs his eyes.

She stands, turning. She looks us all in the eyes. "Come on. It's not safe here." She says.

We all stand, following her.

_____________________________________

Steven paces in the middle of the closed Chinese diner.

The door opens, my brother walking in. "I didn't know if there was some kind of secret knock or something." Astrid follows behind him. "Didn't think you'd come." Steven says. John hugs me. He pulls away and truns to Steven. "And let you steal all the glory?" he says. "Course we came, dorkus." Astrid says, hugging Steven.

"Look we don't have much time. According to Jedekiah, the machine goes nuclear in 2 hours." John says. "2 hours? Crap." I say. "What does that mean?" Astrid asks. "For them nothing. For us..." He drifts off. "Time stops for each and every human." Cara finishes. "It doesn't start again."

"Great." Astrid says sarcastically. "We have to get moving then." Cara looks around. "Anyone got a plan?" Russell stands. "Roger had a plan, before he was sold out. A way of taking the Founder down. Then again, it was designed for a dozen of us, not 4." he says, looking around. "4?" John asks. "Yea you know there are 6 of us here." Astrid points out. "I just thought..." Russell drifts off. "You just thought what? Cause we don't have powers we can't fight? We're the ones fighting for our lives." Astrid points out.

"Russell... we're listening." Steven says.

We all turn to look at Russell.