Stop Worrying So Much

That evening, I walk home with Steven by my side.

"So... where do you live?" he asks casually, hands in his pockets. "In a big house." I say. "More specific." he goads. "In the milky way galaxy." I reply. He rolls his eyes. "More specific" he repeats. "On Earth." I state. Again, he says "More specific." I laugh and say "In North America. What more do you want?" I ask. "Maybe a street name? I dunno." he replies, smiling.

"Forget it. You kidnapped me. You'll just have to wait and see." I say. "So... what'd you think of ULTRA? Scary enough for you? I mean, that's why you came, right? To scare yourself into believing this is all actually real?" he questions. "Which one do you want me to answer?" I ask. "All of 'em" he replies. "Okay... well, ULTRA was pretty cool, I got to admit. But no, that's not why I was in it. I didn't see any other way of getting The Tomorrow People not discovered." I admit.

We finally make it to my house and he gapes. "Big house?" he asks. I just nod. He takes a step back and then he's like "Oh... I know this place... this is where Dylan lives... he's your brother?" he asks. I just nod and then it occurs to me. "How the heck do you know my brother? Other than school. Because you obviously never see each other at school." I ask. "Which one? Dylan or John?" he asks, still gaping at the big house. "Dylan." I state. "He's a Tomorrow Person." he states.

Now it's my turn to gape. "Wait... if he's not with ULTRA... then how...?" I stutter. "He has pre-cautionary measures. We like to call him our secret weapon. Anyway... he actually hasn't broken out yet... in the future he will though. Cara caught it. Early break out symptoms." he says. I just nod and then I say "C'mon. I bet they're worried sick." And with that, we rush to the door.

I open the door and call out "I'm home!" and I'm immediately pulled into a giant bear hug.

"Where were you? We were worried sick! Are you alright? We were-" I cut her off. "Mom... mom... I'm fine. Steven here," I point back at Steven. ",he saved me from a bank robbery and then we hid. It's alright. I'm sorry." I say, my voice muffled by her sweater.

Dylan saunters into the room. "Oh, mom, let go. The last thing she needs is to be choked to death." He says, pulling her off of me, and then brining me into a softer hug.

Come on... let's go to Lyrics music room. Dylan's voice says in my mind... and probably Stevens too.

Wait... you're a... I start.

We'll talk about it upstairs. Come on.

We rush upstairs and grab some bean bag chairs. Soon, we're all sitting on bean bag chairs in the middle of my music room.

"So you're a tomorrow person... why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "I didn't want to force it on you too soon... anyway... you'd probably freak and then we'd both be exposed to ULTRA." Dylan replies. Then he glances over at Steven. "So what has happened. By the looks on your faces... a lot." he continues.

"She's a synergist." Steven says quickly. Dylan glances over at me with new-found awe. "Really?" he asks, interested. "Yea. The most powerful one that John's seen. Speaking of John... he's her biological brother." Steven replies. "Then how come he's not a-" I cut Dylan off. "We don't know why he's not a synergist... we don't even know our parents, so it's kind of hard to figure out." I say.

"So... Dylan... How come ULTRA hasn't found you yet?" I ask. "Oh they did. And they supposedly removed my powers, but, this guy," he points to Steven. "his father stopped time and then saved me. So apparently I don't have powers now." he says. I just nod. "So tell me your story. What happened?" Dylan asks.

We explain everything that has happened so far. Dylan's a good listener, reacting perfectly at all the right times and never trying to talk over us.

"So that's basically it." I finish. "So you're an insider now? Like Steven, here?" Dylan asks. "Yep." I confirm. Dylan turns to look at Steven with a glare. If I hadn't known Dylan, I'd have thought the glare was real... which is probably why Steven looks scared out of his wits right now.

"You better take care of my sister... or so help me I will throw you off planet earth in an instant. You hear me?" he asks menacingly. Steven nods, a look of utter fear written all over his face. I can barely hold back my laugh. "Good. Well this was fun, but I think that Lyric should get some sleep and you should get back to... Is that a suppression cuff?" Dylan points to my wrist. Whoops, we forgot that part.

"Yea. But it does nothing to me. Watch." I then proceed to teleport throughout the room and TK (telekinesis) things. "How...?" he can't quite finish. "We aren't exactly sure. Well... I'm going to bed... Steven... you look like you need some rest too... go home. And Dylan? Stop worrying so much." I say.

With that all said, I prance out of the room, and I'm basically asleep before my head can hit my pillow.