We Are The Tomorrow People

I wake up on something comfortable... though not as comfortable as my bed... a couch maybe? Did I fall asleep watching tv again? I don't remember-

Then it all comes back to me... the bank, Steven, the bracelet, suddenly being in a different spot than I was 2 seconds before... I start to freak out, but I don't open my eyes just in case-

"John. Heart rate and breathing have intensified. If I'm not mistaken, which I'm not, she's awake." an electronic voice says. "Thanks TIM." says a male voice that I recognize from yesterday... or was it even yesterday?

The sound of footsteps approaches me. "You can open your eyes now. TIM just told me-" I cut him off. "That I'm awake? Yea. I heard." I say. "Then... why don't you open your eyes?" he asks. I hear him sit down on a chair close to the bed/couch thing that I'm on. "Because I'm scared." I state simply. "Scared of what?" he asks gently, laughing a little. "Of what I'll see. I've been through a lot you know." I reply. "How will you ever move up in the world if you don't do something that scares you everyday?" he asks.

I sigh and open my eyes, moving them along the room. It's kind of drab, cabinets on one side, I'm lying on a green couch... kind of old looking. Then, my eyes land on John.

"Good morning." I smile. He laughs. "Shouldn't I be saying that to you?" he asks. "Touché." I reply. Then my smile falls as I remember once more what happened and I look down at my wrist to find the bracelet. "What is it?" I ask, bringing my wrist closer to further examine it.

"To tell you that, I'd have to tell you the whole story." he sighs, bringing his hand through his hair. I nod for him to go ahead and sit up.

"We are the Tomorrow People. But trust me, we didn't pick that name. We're otherwise known as homosuperiors, but everyone hates that name. You are one of us. You see, mother nature decided to alter the human race once again. Every human has the gene in them, and it's called 'breaking out' when you start to use it. We have three powers that we call the three T's: telekinesis, telepathy, and teleportation. You used 2 of them back there in the bank, telepathy when you heard Jed's order to Steven, and teleportation, when you were at the wall and suddenly in front of me. But... for you it's more... difficult at explaining than that..." he explains.

I still swear they are on crack.

But I nod for him to go on anyway. "That bracelet on your wrist? It holds a D-chip. D-chips prevent us from using our powers but somehow, you were able to teleport with one on. We don't understand that part." he goes on. "Wait... so if you had to drill it down to one word... I'm basically a superhero?" I ask, trying to make it easier on my brain. He shrugs. "I guess. I've never thought of it that way." I just nod.

"So... those guys back there?" I ask. "Jedekiah and them are part of a secret government organization that finds our species, kidnaps them and either makes them work for him, strips them of their power, or kills them. In your case, you'd be working for him. The name of the organisation is ULTRA... those guys back there? ULTRA guys." he explains. "So... is he one of us?" I ask. He shakes his head no. "So... he's the only human in a group of... non-humans?" I ask awkwardly. "No. Our species cannot kill, so they have humans that train our species and go out as kill-squads." he replies.

"So we're all weird superhero's in a war against a government organisation named ULTRA?" I confirm. "Man, you catch on quick." he smirks. "I will never look at Ultra-soft toilet paper the same again." I think out loud. He laughs.

Man... I've only been here 5 minutes and he already seems like a big brother to me. I think. He stops laughing and looks at me weird. "You heard that didn't you?" I ask. He nods then says "That's another thing I've been wanting to talk to you about... I was adopted too... and my last name is also Young, so of course I did some research..." he says.

I nod taking this in.

"...Lyric... you're my sister." he says.

I've officially hit my breaking point.

Russell to the side >>>>