This Just Made My Day

"She's not here." I sigh and make my way down the stairs, meeting John at the bottom. "Well where could she be? No school, no job, no Steven... I don't recall her ever hanging out with any other friends..." he sighs.

I run a hand through my hair and a thought occurs to me. I make my way to the kitchen and look at the calendar, flicking my eyes across the page trying to find it. There it is. Today. And I'm right.

"You had the whole bottom floor. Honestly, John. Check the calendar." He just rolls his eyes and mimicks "Check the calendar, John." with my accent and I roll my eyes, turning away. Quicker than he can anticipate, I turn, punching him in the gut.

He doubles over in pain. "I may be a girl, and I may be your sister, but that doesnt stop me from beating you up." I say. He glances up at me, smirking, and straightens.

He turns towards the calender and sighs. "Lets go." he grabs my hand and teleports to the location. We land in a nice looking building and immediately I feel underdressed.

I smirk to myself. Just the way I like it. While other girls are walking around in dresses and jewellry, I'm standing there in black rippex skinny jeans, a white graphic tee, a leather jacket, converses and a white beanie.

"Shes over there." John points to one of the couches. Astrid is sitting there in a flattering red dress, jewellry, and curled hair, writing something in a book. I listen, without really meaning to, to her mind, wanting to know what she was writing. It was kind of jumbled, probably a poem or a song or something.

"Thats so pretty." I sigh. "What?" John asks. I glance at him, remembering he was there. "What shes writing. Its a poem or a song or something. Its so pretty." I sigh. He rolls his eyes, grumbling "Girls..."

We turn our attention back to Astrid. As we watch, a professional-looking woman approaches her. She says something I can't make out to Astrid and Astrid stands, following her.

As the woman closes the door to a room, I see the flicker of something under her suit jacket. Something I recognise immediately.

I gasp, stumbling a bit, grabbing on to John. "Lyric...?" he asks worried. "ULTRA." I say. "What?!" John exclaims. "I was trying to read the womans mind when she came cause I wanted to know what she said to Astrid, but for some reason, I couldnt, but I didnt think anything of it. Anyways, she was closing the door to the room and under her jacket was a gun. A standard, kill squad, ULTRA hand gun. It even had the ULTRA emblem on it. We gotta do something!" I rush out.

For a second, he's frozen, then, in the matter of 2 split seconds, hes moving, teleporting away. I hear gunshots ring and the sound of a girls screams then the high-pitched, energetic sound of teleportation. Using telepathy, I track John. He definately has Astrid, and he's full of adrenaline.

More gunshots come from the direction of the staircase, so I run over there. I catch a glimpse of John and Astrid and he stares up at me before nodding and teleporting away again right before more ULTRA agents rush in and shoot at them.

I track him with my mind, about to teleport when...

"Hey! There's another one!" I glance behind me, seeing 3 agents rushing towards me. I do what any other normal person would do... I let them take me.

JOKES! I run. Every story I've ever read on those writing sites say 'I'm glad I was on track' or 'Im glad I did this sport'. Unluckily for me, I never wanted to do those things. Sure, I'm fast but seeing as they have guns... I think I am gonna lose this fight.

I make it outside, turning into an alley and shape shift. I keep it simple, same coloured hair, same clothes, but different facial features.

Even if they do catch me, they won't know its me.

I continue running, happy that I decided to be tall and long-legged this time. Longer strides mean faster getaway.

I make it to the end of the alley, them about 10 metres behind already, and I turn left, almost immediately running into someone.

He's tall, about 5 inches taller than this version of me, meaning he's about 6"2/6"3. He has quiffed light brown hair and amused brown eyes, a smirk playing across his face. I'd say he's about my age, 18, or a year older.

He holds me in place and says, playfully "Going somewhere, beautiful." As I struggle to move away, so that I can get away from the agents behind me, probably 5 metres now, I see it flicker under his varsity jacket.

The gun. The shiny silver emblem of ULTRA forever engraved in the gun. I freeze, drawing my eyes back to his. He just smirks.

Well crap.

This just made my day.