3, 2, 1, 0

"Lower the water gun." I say, rolling my eyes and pushing his hand down to his side.

"Who are you?" he asks. "My name is Lyric. And yours?" I ask. "Daniel." he says. "So... Danny-boy... this where you kidnap people for a living?" I ask, gesturing to the run down apartment that we're in. He laughs. "No. This is where I hide." he says.

I plop down on a couch. "From what?" I ask. "You honestly don't know? Those men in suits. With guns. They continuously attack me." he exclaims. I smirk, pulling out my badge.

In the matter of seconds, he has me pinned down. "Who are you?" he pretty much growls. I try to smile, but it comes out more as a wheeze. "I'm.... on your... side." I say, out of breath. "Why did yout follow me?" he still doesn't believe me, but I guess I wouldn't either. "I'd explain... if... you get.... off of... me... I can't... breathe." I wheeze. He realizes what he's doing and he removes his elbow from my diaphragm, helping me up.

We sit on the couch and I begin my story. Right from the beginning, from breaking out, to telepathic spasms, to now.

"So... wait... I'm not a freak?" he says, sounding astonished. I nod. "And those people...?" he starts. "ULTRA. Looks like a genetic facility, but it's actually not." I shrug. "I just have one more question..." he says. I nod for him to continue. "What's that glowing bracelet for?" he asks.

I look down. "Oh... right... so as I explained, I'm a synergist. When I was caught once, they put this bracelet on me, and it's supposed to make me temporarily powerless, but for some reason..." I teleport across the room and then lift a table with telekinesis and gently set it down.

...For some reason it doesn't work on me. I telepathically say.

"So you're different?" he asks. I nod, teleporting back onto the couch.

"So... when did you break out... or... you don't know that term... when did you get these powers?" I ask. "About a month ago. I ran from home... but I still go to school... and then about a week ago, the erm... ULTRA agents started stalking me." he explains. I nod. "So... you said something about a bunker? And others?" Daniel asks.

"Oh! Right! Thanks for reminding me! I wanted to take you there! You wanna see?" I ask. He nods, almost eagerly. "Good." I say. I grab his hand and teleport. We land in a corner of the subway station.

I take him onto the train, no one else there. We ride the train for awhile, and I can tell he's anxious. He keeps shifting and rubbing his palms against his jeans.

"We're almost there." I announce. He looks utterly terrified now. "What if they don't like me?" he asks. "Now you sound like a little kid. You'll be fine." I comfort. "Ready?"

He nods. I grab his hand and close my eyes.

3...

...

2....

...

1...

...

0

I teleport us. We land in the Bunker and I smile, watching his face as he takes it all in.

"Lyric!" Steven runs up, embracing me. We pull apart and he kisses me. "Where have you been?" he whispers. "Places." I whisper back. Behind him, I see John saunter in. I immediately let go of Steven and shout "John!" he looks at me, running up and hugging me, one of those hugs where they pick you up and twirl you around.

When he sets me down, he notices Daniel. "Who's this?" he asks. "This is Daniel. He kidnapped me." I smile, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder, which seems to calm him a bit.

"Well... welcome Daniel. I'm John. Lyrics brother." he looks at me. "He is a..." he drifts off. "Yea. Broke out about a month ago." I respond.

"Well then Danny-" I cut John off. "That's my name for him!" he ignores me. "-Welcome to the tomorrow people."