And You Still Call Me

They quickly get me to change back into the girl that I had looked like 2 seconds before and then they took me to see my surprise.

I wonder what it is...?

We stand on the train, waiting for the subway to go over the Station. I've decided to call it the Station, as it is an abandoned station and....

yea that's really all.

Soon, we're in the station and as we walk through, everyone turns to watch as we walk through the crowd, probably wondering who I am.

Soon, we reach the office. Cara and Russell are in there already. They look up in confusion when we enter. "I thought you were getting-" Russell starts but John cuts him off. "This is Lyric." He emphasizes the 'is' in that sentence. "Wha-" he starts. I then cut him off by morphing back into myself.

"Wicked." he breathes out. "How...?" Cara drifts off. "We found a new power in her. Weird, eh?" Steven puts in. "And it'll help a lot... like to catch a breakout... we could disguise me as a friend of theirs... or something." I say.

"Well then........"

Cue long awkward silence.

"Who wants to see their present?" Russell grabs my hand and pulls me in the direction of the Fight Room (as I like to call it). I don't protest and just let him drag me. Soon we emerge into the room and in the middle is a.... I gasp.

"How did you manage this?" I ask, full on American accent, as I'm being watched by a certain prisoner. I sit down and run my hands along the smooth surface.

Beautiful.

"I pulled a few strings." Russell declares.

He got me a piano. A flippin' grand piano.

"I bet he stole it." Jedekiah pipes up from his chair in the centre of the wrestling ring. I glare at him. "who is she anyway? Never seen her before. New break-out?" He continues. I roll my eyes, teleporting in front of him. "I am not a ne break-out." I snarl.

For a moment, he doesn't know what to think, then finally he makes up his mind and smirks. "How come we didn't see you?" he asks. "Because I'm invisible." I say.

Then I teleport back to the piano bench and Russell sends him a look that I think says "Girls..." as he leaves. But I just ignore it. I set my fingers, once again, on the ivories and smile slightly to myself.

Then... I begin to play, singing along when I get to the parts.

"We live in a place where no one knows. We live in a place where no one wants to be last and every single person wants to be somewhere they're not, if only anybody would ask. We live in a place where no one's home, we live in a place where we all wanna be first and every single one wants to captain the masses... if only anybody would serve...

It's like I'm holding out for something, out for something, out of this world and I can't stop running. You've got me now (woah) you've got me now.

We live in a place that needs to change. We all know it's on the tip of our tongues, and when we've known for all this time, how have we been silent for so long? But you, you break us down. And by becoming the least, we're becoming the most I've ever found.

It's like I'm holding out for something, out for something, out of this world and I can't stop running. You've got me now (woah) you've got me now."

I finish there, and gaze in awe at the piano.

It.

Is.

Perfect.

I sigh.

There's a cough from behind me, and I turn to look at Jedekiah, to see him looking at me funny. "What song is that?" he asks. "You still call me by To Tell." I answer. "Hm." he says.

And with that, I call Russell back in here. I wanna see what he can do on the piano...

Steven to the side >>>>