Remarkable

"Dad?" Steven says, slowly approaching. Roger smiles. "Yes, son. It's me." he says. Tears are streaming down both Stevens and his mothers faces.

In the matter of 1 second flat, they are hugging. "I missed you." Roger breathes into the hug. After a few minutes, they let go and Roger looks at me. "You were the one that helped bring me back?" he asks. I nod, shyly. He is a legend after all. He smiles. "Thanks. I'm Roger. Or Mr. Price. Either way you wish to refer to me as." he says. "Wait... Price? You two aren't...?" I look between Stevens parents. They look at eachother. "Not anymore." His mom says. Roger looks down sadly.

Then, he looks up. He makes eye contact with John. "John." he says. "Roger." John chokes out. After a few seconds of silence, John chokes out "I'm so sorry, Roger! I didn't want to-" Roger cuts him, off by walking up and wiping the tears gently away from Johns face. "It's ok." he says.

And with that, they hug.

Did I forget to mention that John was the one that killed Roger in the first place?

"How about you fill me in." Roger says, pulling away fro the hug, and looking at all of us equally.

________________________________________

"... and that's everything that's happened so far." I finish my story. "So... The Founder is in control now?" he asks looking across the office where his brother, Jed, is fiddling with some electrical stuff. We all nod.

"That's not good." Roger says. "I need to stay hidden, otherwise he'll try to hook me up to the machine." he goes on. "And so do you, Steven." He looks at his son, a big warning look.

"Steven looks at me. "You left out a part." He mutters. "What?" I ask. "You left out a giant part of the story. Your story." he responds. Then I remember. Telepathic Spasms. Roger would need to know that those are real. "I don't like talking about it." I say. "What is it?" Roger asks. "You need to tell him." Steven prods. "Tell me what?!" Roger exclaims. I can tell he's trying to push into my brain now, but I easily flick him away. "If you don't tell him, I will." Steven threatens. "I'd like to see you try." I dare him. He shrugs and opens his mouth to tell him. "She-" I hold my hand out and teleport him out of the room, then TK the door shut and locked. He's banging on the door outside.

"Remarkable." Roger sighs, sizing me up. "A synergist." I shrug. John looks at me. He's right you know. You have to tell him. he says. Obviously having heard it, Roger looks at John and sighs, looking back at me. He slowly approaches and I take steps back to keep the distance between us the same.

Soon, I hit a wall, but he keeps walking forward. He stops right in front of me. "You can tell me you know. I don't bite." He smiles. I sift through his brain, and he pushes me out, but i press back in.

Nothing that seems to make me not trust him. I guess I can tell-

Suddenly, pain shoots through my head, and I'm drifting, flying through memories. But not just his, someone elses too. Jedekiah's. John's. Cara's. Everyone in this room.

I feel John at my side, dragging me over to the couch. Sitting me down. Yelling orders to other people. I can't exactly hear him, but I can still understand telepathically what he's saying. Water, he's asking for water. Roger is confused, asking what's going on, but he's also intrigued.

Lyric. Hold on. Push through it. You've done it before. You can control it. Focus. Come on. I hear John telepathically prodding me.

I focus, try my hardest to push through. I can tell my physical eyes are squeezed shut but my minds eyes are wide awake, watching every memory, every thought.

Soon, I pull through, coming back to my physical self. Johns hands are squeezing mine a bit too tight and I grumble "Owww..." He sighs. "Oh thank goodness! You got through it! You controlled it!" he says. I look around the room, Roger is awestruck.

I make eye contact with him and then suddenly I'm dizzy. I feel myself fall onto the couch and it all goes black.

Hey! That cliffhanger though!

I'll update soon! I promise!

Any ideas for the sequel? Message me!