Donuts

"I'm hungryyyyyyy" I groan.

I'm sitting in the corner of the Bunker, curled in a ball, blanket wrapped over shoulders, water bottle at my foot.

Russell throws a ball into the air, catching it with telekinesis. "Cara said no." he reminds me for the millionth time. "But..." I start. He cuts me off. "No. She said, and I quote 'she cannot have food for at least an hour after she wakes up. She will get sick, and, until she gets her spasms under control, we need to be more careful than ever.'"

I huff. If you can't tell, I had another Telepathic Spasm. Cara says that at first, they will happen a lot, out of control, but once I've got control, then they'll only happen if I'm super stressed or overusing my powers.

I take another drink from my bottle.

Just then, Steven teleports down, saying "Where is she? Astrid?" He looks rapidly around the room and his eyes land on me, immediately shrouded with concern. "Are you ok?" he hugs me as best as he can with me in the corner, and kisses my forehead. I sigh. "I had another spasm. I'm alright though. Except for the hunger." I say that last part loud, so Russell can hear, and I watch as he just rolls his eyes.

I saw that eye roll.

He looks at me, rolling his eyes again. Steven laughs and I glare at him. He turns back to me, blocking me from Russell's view and smiles, putting a finger to his lip, and pulls out a bag. I almost gasp, when I remember Russell. Then, I take the bag and look inside.

2 chocolate donuts.

I mouth an 'I love you' and he smiles. Then, he stands. "So... Astrid?" he asks. I point to the other room, the one with the wrestling ring.

As soon as he's gone, I carefully, as to not make a noise, grabs one of the donuts out of the bag and smile.

A few minutes later, I'm about finished the second one, when Russell stands up stretching and I pause, halfway through putting the last piece of donut in my mouth. He looks at me, narrowing his eyes.

"I was hungry." I shrug. "But... how...? " he starts. "Steven." he groans. I smirk, nodding and with that, I pop the last piece into my mouth.

_____________

What feels like only a few minutes later, I wake up... to find I'm on the couch. Someone must've moved me.

Man I must've been tired.

I sit up, glancing around. When my eyes finally adjust, which doesn't actually happen, because I'm not wearing my glasses, but oh well.

Anyways... when they go the best that they can, I take in my surroundings.

My eyes fall on one figure, sitting across from me, head rested on hand, smirking across at me.

"How the heck did you get out?" I ask. He opens his mouth, about to reply, when I cut him off, not letting him speak.

"Why do I always miss all the action, John?"

He just laughs.