Chapter 22

EMILY'S POV

I looked on youtube trying to find something to keep me busy. What am I supposed to do for 9 hours. I skimmed my computer screen until something caught my eye. 1DDAY. Hm a 7 hour livestream would keep me busy. And I haven't had time to watch it yet. This should be good. I plugged my headphones in my computer then started the video.

******

I closed my laptop once the whole video was over. Only two hours more to go. Wow I can't believe how quickly that went by. And how did they manage to do things for 7 hours? It only made me miss them even more.

I pulled out my phone and decided I'd tweet something.

'Just watch 1DDAY on the plane to New York! Only two more hours to go:( @Harry_Styles @Real_Liam_Payne @zaynmalik @NiallOfficial @Louis_Tomlinson'

Within seconds my mentions were blowing up. I wonder if I could call or text Harry but up here there was no service so nevermind. I set my carry on bag on my lap and decided on reading one of my Pretty Little Liars books. I don't watch the show that much but I love the books.

About an hour later my eyes were worn out so I stopped reading and started making a list of all the things I needed to get and do once I arrived at the campus. I rested my head on the window looking at the water below us.

I wonder what it would be like if Harry were with me. We'd get a temporary apartment close to the campus and I would stay up late doing work and he would help me. I daydreamed about him for the remainder of the flight until the pilot spoke.

"We will be landing in New York City in less than 20 minutes"

Well that went by fast. I looked out the window and we were finally over land. I checked my phone and it was only noon. Time zones are weird. So in London it's around 5 because they're 5 hours ahead of New York.

I put everything in my carry on and soon the plane landed. I excitedly looked outside and it was a gorgeous day in New York. Once the plane stopped moving the pilot allowed us to get up and start getting off the plane. I stretched my legs out and my back cracking probably every bone in my body. It felt good though.

I slipped my phone in my sweatshirt pocket and swung my bag over my shoulder. I patiently waited for someone to let me get out of my isle. Eventually I did and I walked into the airport. It was similar to the one in London and actually I think I've been here one time when the boys were performing here.

I grabbed my wallet and stood in line for a salad considering I hadn't eaten all day. I found an empty table and quickly devoured my food. Soon I found my way to the conveyer belt distributing the suitcases and once I got all four I stood there pondering about how I'm going to carry all of these.

My first attempt was a fail and I pretended I knew what I was doing so people would stop looking at me.

"Here let me help you" A male approached me and he had an American accent. His brown shaggy hair and blue eyes reminded me of Louis. He was hot but nothing compared to Harry.

"Thank you"

"You're British?"

"Yeah I just got off the plane from London. I'm going to NYU for the summer semester"

"Oh I go there too. I could give you a ride?" I thought about it for a second knowing Harry would kill me or maybe him first. I think this man noticed I was torn between saying yes or declining it. "Don't worry I have a girlfriend. I get that look a lot when I offer help to other girls. The 'I have a really overprotective boyfriend who might try to kill you if he sees us together'. Am I correct?" A giggle escaped my mouth as he was very correct.

"Yes you are right"

"So yes?"

"Yes" I nodded and followed him to his car. Once my stuff was loaded in his trunk I sat in the passenger seat which was the complete opposite side of the cars in the UK.

"I've never driven in a car where the passenger seat is on the right"

"Well now is your first then"

"So what's your name?"

"Right I totally forgot to introduce myself. I'm Brandon"

"Oh I'm Emily"

"So what's your boyfriend like?"

"He's great. A little overprotective but he's all I really have" Great. Why did I just say that? I just met this guy and I can feel my past creeping its way up.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's a long story"

"Okay. So what's his name?" I'm so glad Brandon didn't ask about why I just said that.

"Harry. Harry Styles"

"Sounds familiar. Is he in a band by any chance?"

"Yeah One Direction. Have you heard of them?"

"Yes now I remember my girlfriend is obsessed with that band"

"Hm really well maybe when he visits me I would love to make her dreams come true"

"Wow she would really love you. So which one is he? You guys aren't the ones engaged right?" I laughed at his assumption and shook my head as we got closer to the campus. New York was amazing.

"No no we aren't engaged that's Perrie and Zayn. Harry is the one with curly brown hair and green eyes and the one who has the tightest skinny jeans on the planet"

"Oh yes that's Lauren's favorite one. She has posters all over her wall in her dorm. It's quite fascinating how she can reminisce on and on for hours about him along with the rest of them of course."

"Typical teenage fangirl. I think Lauren and I would be good friends. What is she like?"

"She's really laid back and one of those people that would rather stay in her dorm watching the Notebook then go to a college party with a bunch of drunk people"

"Wow something we have in common" I smiled. I think I just made my first friend or two.

"I think you would be great friends with her"

"I think we'd be good friends too"

My first day in New York was going well so far.

•••••••••••

Heyy! Hope you guys aren't too mad that I made Emily move to New York. Thank you all for voting I really appreciate it.

Comment feedback on the story and give me ideas for the book!!

Keep reading commenting and voting!!

love you

-katherine😘