Chapter 24

"Ready to go see New York?" Brandon asked stepping into my dorm room.

"Yeah it seems so big though like you'd never be able to see it all" I said while slipping a beanie over my hair and following Brandon out to his car.

"Don't worry it might seem huge with all the tall building and such but once you know your way around it's small enough to walk instead of driving long distances"

"It sounds a lot like London"

"Just a little American though" He smiled.

"Yes just a little American" We talked more in the car about random things then stopped outside a coffee shop. Since the weather was exactly the same here than London I was just wearing white jeans and a light pink sweater along with my cream colored beanie and black boots with a three heel advantage.

"So do you have any brothers or sisters?" He asked sitting across from the table in the warm shop.

"Yeah I have an older sister, Rayne, she goes to London University"

"Oh so she's how old?"

"19. She's still in her freshman year though"

"So how do your parents feel about having two daughters in college both on different continents?" I waited for the pang of hurt and misery I felt in my heart after they died to come but it never did thankfully.

"They died in a car accident 2 years ago" My words were sad but I smiled so he wouldn't feel bad or pity me.

"I'm sorry I didn't know"

"Don't be like you said you didn't know"

"Is that what you meant when you said Harry is really the only person you have?"

"Yeah he's my home, the person I talk to when nobody else is there, and we always work through anything"

"Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper" His eyes landed on my diamond ring in the shape of a heart and so did mine. I always loved looking at it because it confirmed that whatever was happening or however far apart we were, he was still mine and I was still his.

"Yeah he is. Tell me more about Lauren when did you guys start dating?"

"Well we were best friends 6-8th grade then we dated freshman and sophomore year and broke up for the rest of highschool and we just happened to apply and get in to New York University" We both sipped our coffee and talked the rest of the time before touring New York.

***MONDAY MORNING***

My alarm clock went off at 7:30 but I was too tired to get up. I was busy shopping last night and didn't get back until 11. After hours of shopping I finally got decorations for my dorm, a bedspread, and possibly every type of office/college supplies needed.

I dozed off countless times and my alarm repeatedly went off but I ignored it until I realized it was Monday. Shit shit shit. I checked my phone and it was already 8. I still have to shower, get ready, eat and find my first class! Oh my gosh.

I jumped off the bed a ran into the bathroom. I grabbed my basket with all my new shower things and tied my hair into a bun before running out of the dorm and into the shower room. I noticed Ash's bed hadn't been touched. I still haven't seen her since my first day here.

I left it unlocked so if I'm quick enough no one will get in. I stripped my clothes and turned the water on. I would have to get used to these community showers.

I quickly washed my hair and scrubbed my body free of any dirt. Once I was done I grabbed a provided towel and my pajamas then walked back to my room being careful not to slip. It was 8:20 now and my class started at 9.