Chapter 25

My head was pounding and my eyes burned as I tried studying for this chemistry test. It was four in the morning and my test was in five hours. I've only been here two weeks and I'm already pulling all nighters and not getting any sleep. I spun myself in my chair at the desk next to my bed trying to find a way for me to wake up.

Before I knew it I was on my wobbly feet and putting my hair in a ponytail then walking out of my dorm. I went downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. Thank the lord for a community keurig coffee maker. I filled a plastic cup with water and stuck the french vanilla cup in the holder and within a few minutes my coffee was ready.

The walk back to my dorm was a refreshing venue and I managed to pep up a bit. Once I got back to my room I had a missed call from Harry. What? He knows it's like four. I called him back and while waiting for him to pick up I jotted some notes in my notebook.

"Hey Em" He sounded depressed. I hope everything's okay.

"Harry why are you calling me when it's like four in the morning?" I chuckled at the end but he didn't. Is he like okay?

"I missed you"

"Is that why you sound so depressed?"

"Yes. I just wanted to talk to you. So what are you doing?"

"Studying for chemistry"

"Have you slept at all?"

"No not in like two nights but I'm fine. Tomorrow is Friday so after English/Literature I'm going to sleep"

"Go to sleep"

"Harry I still have an essay to write"

"So? You haven't slept in two days"

"It's nothing I can't handle I'm fine. You're the one that sounds depressed"

"Because you're across the world" I smiled at his longing for me and continued half paying attention to Harry and half paying attention to chemistry.

"I miss you too"

"So how's your roommate?"

"Oh Ash has only been here like maybe five times in the last 15 days and usually she comes in drunk and passes out and is still passed out by the time I get back from class then goes to another party"

"Does she even go to class?"

"I have no idea"

"She doesn't seem like the student type"

"She isn't"

"How's that Brayden kid or whatever?"

"Brandon and he's great. His girlfriend is really looking forward to seeing you"

"Are you looking forward to seeing me?"

"Of course I am"

"Good because I can't stand living in this house alone I think I'm going insane"

"If anyone is going insane it's me because I just realized I walked out of my dorm without pants on" And it's true. No shoes. No pants. No bra. But who cares it's four. I mean the security cameras probably saw me but it's nothing they've never seen before I'm sure.

"Okay well Lilah and I are going back to sleep and I know you need to study"

"Psh way to rub it in my face"

"Sorry babe I mean I'm going grocery shopping" He stuttered a lot but it only made me laugh.

"Okay well nice try"