Chapter 42

The slow graduation music played throughout the decorated gym. All the graduating students of 2014 were already seated on stage. My eyes scanned the large room of guests trying to find Harry and everyone else. The principal stood behind the podium and started with his speech which I tuned out.

Yesterday after we arrived in Cheshire we got the biggest hotel room we could get on such short notice. Harry had to sleep with Niall because Gemma had to sleep with me. But then when we were all settled in our hotel room I realized I didn't have a graduation dress.

The dresses I bought with Eleanor, Gemma, and Rayne were all summer, casual dresses and I needed a formal one. All four of us immediately went to a popular boutique down the street of our hotel.

Eventually I found a classy white lace covered knee length dress. Strapless wasn't allowed so it had small straps attached to it. Eleanor decided that it would be a good fashion statement to add a brown belt to it so I did have a small belt around my waist.

I also wore my mum's pearls which were in three different forms: a necklace, bracelet, and earrings. I wish they were here physically but I could feel that they were with me in a more spiritual way.

The principal's speech continued and I just wished to get my diploma and leave. I heard people whispering around me from time to time during the speech that seemed to go on forever. I still tried looking around for them but found no luck.

"And now I welcome you one of the most brilliant students at our highschool. She managed to get out of most of her senior year here but continued her studies on a tour bus working as a manager for a very popular band that you all might be very familiar with" Shit. No. What? Was I supposed to make a speech? I can't speak in front of a crowd this big. Maybe he's talking about someone else. Lord Jesus help me because there's a very slim possibility that he's describing anyone else sitting on this stage. I started getting very anxious and my palms were sweating like crazy. I kept rubbing them against my gown but it didn't help because the material didn't absorb anything. "While having a job she got a full scholarship to New York University. Not even out of highschool yet, she has already attended classes of NYU. Please welcome Ms. Emily Robin" The whole stadium started clapping. My heart rate increased and I was sweating ten times more. My shaking legs managed to get me up to the podium.

I lowered the microphone to reach my height and tried thinking of a speech really quickly. Just as I was about to speak I made eye contact with those familiar emerald green eyes that made me relax. He gave me a comforting smile along with everyone else.

I opened my mouth to speak but air was caught in my throat. I prayed in my head so I could hopefully move on and deliver a good speech. Here goes.

"Hello everyone" So far so good. "Well I just want to thank all of you for coming to see the graduates of 2014 sitting before you. I'm sorry to say I didn't write a speech or anything so I'm just winging this." I lightly laughed into the microphone and a few other people joined me in the crowd. I managed to hold eye contact with Harry as I gave a speech.

"Most of these people I've known since first grade and others since ninth grade and some I don't know but even though, specifically my senior year, was a little bumpy on the way I will never forget the people that helped me through tough times. I want to thank all of these amazing teachers for preparing us so well for college. And experiencing it was definitely something. College is very diverse. Some people like to stay in their dorms enjoying a peaceful night watching cartoons and others like to party till two in the morning but these teachers have taught us not only how to study but how to use common sense and make the right choice that will lead you to a wonderful life in this world. Also for the parents without you none of this would be possible." My eyes teared up but I continued with my speech eyes still locked with Harry's. The encouraging look he gave me kept me going. "You are the people that held our hand to cross the street and the people that raised us into wonderful adults. Some of your parents may not be present with us today, mine included, but one thing I've learned is to not take them for granted. They love each and everyone of us so much and once they're gone you can't get them back. Without them we wouldn't be standing here in front of you today. We wouldn't be wearing our expensive jewelry or suits. But lastly I want to thank the students. You guys were there for me and each other through whatever issue we had in our lives. We are one big family no matter what. So concluding my speech highschool was amazing and I want to thank everyone here for that experience. We made it!" Yeah yeah cliché 'we made it' but a highschool graduation speech need that.

"That was wonderful Emily" My principal whispered to me as I found my seat in the mix of graduates. I felt so relieved that that was over with but in the moment of standing in front of maybe a thousand or two thousand people I felt my parents' presence. I was at peace.

The ceremony continued and the diplomas were now being handed out. I was one of the last people in the alphabet so I had to wait a while for my name to be called out.

About thirty minutes passed and I was getting tired of sitting here. I wanted to see Harry. I wanted to finally be free of highschool and be able to go back on tour. I was getting all fidgety from sitting too long. Finally the girl sitting to my right stood up to go up to the principal signaling that I was next. Once she moved to the center of the stage that was my que to start walking.

"Emily Robin" He smiled handing me my plague that had my name carved in the shiny gold slate placed over the smooth wood surface. After getting the diplomas we had to sit back in our original seats until everyone was done.

"Well another successful graduation. Congratulations class of 2014!" He cheered and everyone stood up tossing their hats in the air. I was free. Everyone tried rushing out of the door but it still took forever to get into the courtyard.

Once I was outside I searched for Harry's standing up hair but couldn't find it. This was so stressful. The amount of people greeting their loved ones was suffocating me. I managed to get out of the crowd but still couldn't find him and the others.

"Emily!" His perfect voice came from somewhere. I turned my head all different directions until I was met with his bright green eyes. I ran into his arms wrapping mine around his neck. The security of his strong muscular ones holding me so close to him was unbelievable. That speech got me all shaken up so I needed some security.

"Your speech was amazing" He said kissing me. I was not settling for just a peck this time. I forcefully pressed my lips against his with my fingers traveling through his soft curls. He placed my feet back on the ground and my white wedges made me more level with him. One arm snaked around my waist and I felt my wavy blonde hair fall over my shoulder due to the angled dip position we were in. I pulled away not wanting to leave the rest of them just watching us make out in front of them.

"You're lucky I didn't break it off" Louis said making all of us laugh.

"Okay Lou" I hugged him then Zayn, Liam, Rayne, Eleanor, Niall, and Gemma.

"Well your speech was wonderful. How did you come up with that so quickly?" Gemma asked.

"I don't know I was freaking out"

"Wow I can't believe you're just now graduating high school I fell like you should be graduating college or something" Rayne smiled.

"It's crazy I know"

"Wanna go celebrate?" Zayn suggested and we all nodded. I was starving.