Chapter 57

EMILY'S POV

I did as Louis told me to and showered. Now I was just sitting here thinking about the way Harry grabbed my arm. He was so gentle and worried but my imagination got the best of me and I pulled away as quickly as I could. I felt so dull as I emotionlessly stood in the shower washing my knotted hair.

The whole day was like that. Me zoning out and someone waving a hand in front of my eyes trying to get my attention. Continuously everyone kept asking if I was okay and I just kept saying I was tired. I didn't want to tell them about last night. I'm not crazy.

Now I just sat in a room with a bunch of lively teenagers laughing, smiling, and cracking jokes while I played with the hem of my shirt getting lost in the pattern of the thread and how it connected the cloth together.

"Emily you seriously need to get some sleep because you are a zombie" Rayne said lightheartedly with a smile and I did my best to fake one but I saw how everyone knew I was faking.

"Yeah I guess" I mumbled. Louis and Harry kept giving me worried looks and I just pretended like I didn't see. Everyone kept going about what they were talking about and I zoned out. I've never felt so distant with Harry. Even in past fights we were still so close and now I don't know what to think of us.

I wish he would just tell me what's going on and we can forget this whole thing ever happened. I know it won't be that easy but it will be a step forward than from not talking. I thought back to when we had that cheesy romantic date when everything was perfect and he promised he would always tell me something and he wouldn't hurt me.

FLASHBACK ***

The sound of our laughter echoed through the deserted streets as we continued talking about random things and the fact that I hit a golf ball into a window. Our hands swung slightly by our sides while we walked back to the bus.

"Has this been cheesy enough for you?" Harry asked with a crooked smile on his face.

"Hmm I don't know. Making out with a stranger that's two years older than you at a creepy carnival still seems very cliche" I smirked back at him.

"Then we need to do something even more cliche" He pretended to think then answered again. "I'll google it" I burst out laughing again yet he was serious.

"Harry you can't google cute relationship ideas. It has to come from your heart" I tried keeping a straught face but it didn't last long.

"I have an idea!" He practically shouted pulling his hand away from mine. I watched as he ran to the center of the street and dramatically looked up at me with those dazzling green eyes that I've fallen so deeply in love with.

"You wanna dance with me?" It didn't take me long to put it together between the quote and his deep American country accent that Harry had tried to imitate. I caught on and did the same before giggling and responding.

"Sure" I couldn't keep the smile off my face as he held his hand out for me. "Now? Here? You're not supposed to dance in the middle of the street"

" 'You're not supposed to dance in the street' " He mocked just as Noah did to Allie.

"But we don't have any music"

"We don't need music" He pulled me close to his chest and started singing the same song from the movie.

"You're a terrible singer" I softly chuckled again. We continued slow dancing for a few minutes trying to stay in character. Then he skipped to the next part of the scene and laid down in the middle of the road.

"Now what are you doing?"

"Just come on"

"You're gonna get run over" Harry smirked at me and we could totally be actors and actresses.

"By what? All the cars" He sarcastically said referring to the empty street. His arms and legs spread out like a starfish. "You could try it if you wanted to"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because..I don't know..would you just get up?" I dramatically said. It's surprising we have the lines memorized honestly.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee" Nevermind.

"Harry you're out of character!"

"Sorry babe I just had to" I playfully rolled my eyes and laid down next to him enjoying the silence. Minutes passed though and I spoke up again.

"What happens if a car comes?"

"We die" Thankfully no cars were driving around so we wouldn't actually die obviously. Both of us started laughing hysterically holding are stomachs on the ground.

"We could totally re film The Notebook One Direction style" Harry smiled over at me. It was moments like these where I'd never forget how special Harry was to me. He made me laugh and smile most of the times except when he made me cry but in the end everything would turn out okay. Relationships aren't perfect but that's what makes them so special because the bad times make you appreciate the good times. And no matter what happens to Harry and I, I'll always have this moment with me. And for now I'm okay with that. I definitely believe Harry and I will have more bumps along the road but we've worked through a lot of shit in the past so we can take on any other problem life throws at us.

"I love you" I perched myself on my elbow looking down at him feeling his warmth radiate between us.

"I love you too Emily" I dipped my head down to meet his lips and I was reminded of familiar feeling of our lips moving together in sync slowly and all at once. It was passionate filled with soft giggles in between pecks. I'm laying in the street making out with the man I've grown to love so deeply and yet I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

FLASHBACK OVER***

•••••••••••••••••••

sorry the flasback took up the whole chapter but im really trying to finish the book by tonight and im already falling asleep but i really want to finish it. two more chapters omg!!!!!!

READ COMMENT VOTE

-katherine:D