Chapter 20

HARRY'S POV

I stepped out of bed a few minutes after Emily left. I really wanted to spend the day with her but she wanted to get herself pampered or whatever that stuff girls do. I was kind of scared for a second there when she said she was getting her hair dyed but she said it would look like Niall's so it wasn't going to be like purple.

I took a long shower trying to pass the time. I don't think she realized how long it would take for them to dye her hair so I knew it would be longer than an hour. After the longest shower I could have, I stepped out and dried off and it was only 11.

I ate a pop tart for breakfast then watched a few episodes of spongebob considering it was the only thing on. I checked my phone and had a text message from Emily saying she'll be home soon. I tossed my phone on the couch before going outside to get the mail.

There were only a few things when I tossed them on the counter. Most were bills but one caught my eye. New York University? What the hell? I tore it opened my eyes read the words over and over again.

Dear Emily,

Thank you for applying to New York University. We are happy to say you have been accepted to NYU with a full scholarship. The summer semester starts Monday, March 10th. The details have been worked out with Modest Management and you will pick up your class schedule Monday morning. We hope you choose this school, you will definitely succeed!

Sincerely,

New York University.

All the breath from my lungs had been sucked out. She applied for NYU? Why didn't she tell me? The semester starts in 4 days so she must be leaving like now. She's leaving me. How am I supposed to live without her? How am I going to let her know she got accepted without breaking down?

I stared at the letter for another five minutes before I heard the door open. I blinked back the small amount of water that threatened to spill any moment. Wow I'm so not going to make it.

"Hey I'm sorry I'm late-"

"What is this?" My voice came out much more harsh than I expected. Her face paled at the white paper in my hands. I noticed her blonder hair and it looked great on her but that was not the point at the moment.

"Harry I-" I placed the letter in her hand and I couldn't read her expression.

"When were you planning on telling me you applied for New York University?"

"Can I please explain?" Her voice was firm as she set the letter on the counter.

"Fine. Explain"

"Amanda told me since I'm an adult now I need a college degree to work for Modest"

"So you couldn't quit or go to a college not across the Atlantic Ocean?" Her face twisted in emotion as she grew angry with me.

"Excuse me? You know NYU was always my favorite school and I planned on going there until you became famous and we moved in together then I got a job so I didn't have to go to college so don't tell me I need to go somewhere just to be close to you! And you really want me to quit my job? That means I wouldn't be able to go on tour with you anyway so that won't work in our favor!" She was right and I shouldn't keep her from her ambitions. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration then gave up the fight with a sigh.

"I know I'm sorry I just don't want to be away from you for so long"

"We can talk every day and facetime and you can come visit me and I can visit you then before you know it I'll be home again and we'll go on tour. We can work through it I promise" She hugged my torso and her words comforted me a lot.