Chapter 14: Are you happy?

"Hmm..." Eren hums in thought. "Truth. So, ask.me a question."

 "Alright. Hmm. Why is it I can't compell you?" Levi asks.

 "Honestly, I have no idea. Though I remember you saying something about vampire hunters..." Eren trails.

 "Yes... vampire hunters can't be compelled. Neither can witches. Though you definitely don't have witch in you or you'd have a mark by now. Witches get a tatoo on their left shoulder when they are around sixteen. If you had witch in you, you would have noticed by now... Though you do seem to have the angry spirit of a hunter and though you're a klutz, you're good with a weapon. I was wondering if maybe your mother or father... Uncle, aunt, grandfather. Anyone in your family was a hunter is all... but that's not the point. Ask me now."

 "Alright, truth or dare?"  Eren asks as required.

 "I'll pick truth too."

 "Umm... How did you become a vampire?"
Eren shuffles closer in interest.

 "Oh... er... it's kind of a long story... basically I knew a vampire. When I found out I protected her. She was like a little sister to me. Though one day she poisoned my tea with her blood and killed me. I was sired to her and she comanded that I never leave her side. I was sired  so I had to listen and I followed. She was my friend. I was angry with her but I could understand. She was afraid of losing me. I was out growing her and she got scared. I spent about fourty more years with her before she was killed, and I was free...  I wrote  it all down in my diary. Maybe I can show you my diary another time..."

 "I...I would like that actually..." Eren stares at Levi thinking for a moment before asking, "You won't poison and kill me, will you?"

 "I wouldn't do that to you. She was young. Lonely. Selfish and stupid. I'm a little scared to lose you I admit. But I'm not going to put you through life as a vampire... I wouldn't do that to you,"Levi hums.

 Eren nods and smiles at Levi in appreciation. A genuine smile put on just for Levi. Levi hasn't been able to get such a smile since he really only ever pisses Eren off.  But tonight he gets to feast his eyes on such a prize. They stare at those lips for a long time studying how they brighten his whole face.

'My heart just did a somerault...'

 "... Truth or dare..." Levi asks not taking his eyes away from Eren's smile.

 "Let's see... I'll choose a dare this time." Eren answers. "I'm human, so don't make me do anything crazy..."

 "I know. I know," Levi assures, rolling his eyes. "I dare you too... hmm... take three shots," he says, giving Eren the bottle of straight vodka. "That is my dare."

 "Three...?" Eren inquires, looking at the bottle before shrugging and laying out a shot glass. He fills it three times and it goes down the hatch three times.
He finishes the last one with a sigh.
"Done! Truth or dare."

 "Dare," Levi answers and blinks a couple of times showing his excitement.

 "Dare... What can I dare a vampire... Hmm... Jump off the building. I want to watch you fall this time."

Levi rises to his feet "Easy. I do that on the daily," he says before walking to the window and sitting on the sill.

 Eren stands as well and walks over, watching Levi very carefully. Now it's impossible to tell which one is more excited, Eren or Levi, because Eren is pumped to see Levi jump off a building with himself watching the whole way down.

"WAIT!" Eren suddenly shouts.

 "What why?" Levi looks down then back at Eren.

 "Take me with you. I want you to jump down with me."