Chapter 20: Eren, What Are You Doing?

"Eren do you still have your little vegan friend?" Levi asks making conversation as he walks be Eren's side holding his hand.

 "Who? Armin?  Yeah he's still around." Eren responds, swinging their hands a little.
"He works at Adain's bar too. But only on weekends. During the week he tends to the library."

They turn a corner and come up to Eren's block. Their hands still tightly connected in a warm and cold grasp.
Eren doesn't dare let go of Levi even when they're in the elevator. Not that Levi minds.

 "He stinks you know. His blood I mean. I bet he tastes rotten. Vegans often do. It's because they don't eat meat. It makes their blood taste nasty. Did you know-"

 Levi is cut off by a quick kiss to the lips. The attacker being Eren Jaeger who stares at him innocently.
"Stop talking about blood. It's such a morbid subject."

In truth, Eren has no idea why he decided to kiss Levi. He just wanted to.

 Levi stops and stares at Eren, his dear heart springing to life, thumping wildly against his chest. Pumping blood to his now burning red cheeks.
"Y-you kissed me..." Levi touches his fingers to his lips. "Eren kissed me..." he whispers zoning out then widening his eyes and looking at Eren.  "Why'd you kiss me!?"

 "I... u-umm..." Eren stammers, now finally registering everything slowly. His tan cheeks also turning quite red in a blush. "B-Because I wanted to? I just... felt like it..." Eren shrugs.

 "EREN!" Levi slaps his hands on either side of Eren's shoulders. "You can't just do shit like that! I like you okay!? I'm in love with your stupid mortal ass! Don't just- you just! You aargh! You kissed me! With your mouth! Your mouth was on me! Don't you ever do that again because just! You can't no no no! Yes! KISS ME AGAIN!" he spills out his words in a frantic jumble breathing heavily and staring, scared and desperate, into Eren's eyes.

 "Levi..." the boy says. The elevator stops and the door opens. Yet neither of them step out of it. It's just the two staring at one another. Eren being calm, and Levi looking desperate and confused.
A hand cups Levi's cheek and he runs a thumb over the cold skin.
"I... I want to kiss you again. So I'm going to. Okay?"

 "O-okay" the usually cool and collected vampire pants not breaking eye contact.

 A few seconds pass by before Eren slowly closes his eyes and leans forward towards the vampire. His lips soon finding Levi's and pressing against them sweetly, sending a shiver of sparks up and down both bodies.
 Levi's eyes slap shut and his cold dead lips melt into the warmth of Eren's lips provide.

'Im kissing him...' he thinks, having lit up more than he has in years.
Eren breaks the kiss and Levi lets out a breath. "Th-thanks..." Levi stares at the elevator doors... "I suppose we should go back to your apartment..." he whispers under his breath. The kiss still fresh in his mind.

 "Yeah..." Eren breathes staring down at Levi, brushing his fringe out of his face. With a shake of his head and a small smile he grabs Levi's hand and pulls him to his apartment. Fumbling with his keys. Finally stepping back inside to the familiar surroundings. A heavy sigh drops from Eren's lips and chuckles lightly with wide happy eyes.
Eren has never really thought about his feelings towards Levi. Considering he's just kissed Levi twice, willingly, wanting to touch his lips with his, that has to be saying something.
He finds himself so involved in his thoughts about how he feels that he doesn't realise Levi was trying to get his attention.
"Huh? What was that?" Eren asks.

 "Pay attention. " Levi clicks his fingers in Eren's face. "You want chicken or lasagne?"

"I'm not hungry... I'll have chicken please."