Chapter 19: Tch, Youngsters

On the way, Eren gets this instinct to hold onto Levi's hand. It's an urge and so he does. Feeling the coldness. The coldness that doesn't at all seem to bother Eren. Levi glances to him then glances away blushing a little.

"You're holding my hand like you used to... it makes my heart go all fluttery when you do that. Your hands are warm." Levi hums staring at their hands gently as he walks.

"I find your hand is very holdable. It's so cold." Eren glances towards their hands and gives Levi a light squeeze. "It doesn't bother me though. I kind of like it that way."

"People are gonna think we're dating, Eren," Levi looks around at people that glance at the two.

"Yes. Yes I suppose they would. Oh well. Let them think what they want." Eren shrugs it off and if anything, he just holds Levi tighter.

"Okay," Levi nods his head. "Oh! Hey I know this place!" Levi nods. "Tch. Best damn alcohol around." He says as they come to the building.

"Yeah? Where would that be?" Eren asks.

"Adian's bar. That's where you work?"

"Yep. Indeed it is." Eren nods.
However, he now seems very sceptical about it. Adain is a vampire hunter.... Eh. Should be fine.

Levi and Eren head in still hand in hand and go straight to the bar where the cheery red head stands.

"Hey Adain," Eren smiles to the bloke with a wave. "I'm assuming you want Burban?" He asks Levi who makes himself comfortable on the bar stool.

"Yeah that's my favorite." Levi says putting the money on the counter.

"Alright. Two Burban please." Eren smiles at the red haired man.
The bartender nods his head and serves them drinks up. He stares at Levi for a bit before resuming his work. Eren assumes that maybe he has already figured out Levi is a vampire. He just prays to God that he won't take it upon himself to kill him.

"Hmm." Levi hums and sips the burban. Not in a hurry to finish.

Eren on the other hand sculls it down. Of course, the common known rule is that the quicker you sculls it, the quicker you get drunk .

"Whoa cowboy. I only have this money." Levi chuckles and drinks more of his own.

"That's fine. If you need more I can lend you some."

"No. I don't need money. But since this is a trip with you I s'pose I have to play fair. This is your work after all."

"Yeah that's true. However that rule didn't seem to apply last time. You damn well nearly got me fired that time." Eren recalls.

Levi teases the rim of his glass with a pale finger. "Well I didn't care then. The supermarket had everything I needed at a price I couldn't afford."

"If you had of asked I would have helped you. Instead you decided to go for theft."

"No you wouldn't have. You hated me remember?" Levi reminds, sipping his drink and sighing at the relief the drink brings to him.

"I hated you. Yes I did. But still I would have chipped in a little. I probably would have told you to put some things back before I paid for you but. Yknow." Eren pauses for a while and looks at his now empty cup. He pushes it aside and glances to Levi. "I saw my dad the a few months ago."

"... is that right... did you kill him?" Levi asks softly and stares at the wall across from him.

"No... He tried to kill me though."

"But he didn't get you. You're safe." Levi mumbles turning his head to look at Eren.

"I wouldn't of been. I had help. If not for them, I wouldn't be alive right now. I would have been ripped to pieces."