Chapter 48: YOOOURE OUT!

"Where did you go last. We'll start there and work backwards" Levi glares to Kenny, still holding Eren.

Kenny looks around in thought. "Hmm... I went to a place called Janet's Irish Pint." He recalls. "At least I think so... that might have been third. Or sixth on the list... I went to a lot."

Eren  breaks free from Levi's grasp and storms towards the door.
"It's a start. And I'm going."

"Come on lets go. And don't talk to Eren. He's the nice one until you piss him off." Levi grabs Eren's hand again and the two woosh out the door together getting a little more speed from Levi as he is heaps faster.

Kenny stays. 

In a few quick moments, they're at the bar Kenny had listed, and Eren kicks down the door in an angry worried haze, causing the barkeep to look up startled from washing cups.  It's empty, closing up for the day.

"Excuse me miss... uh... Janet...?"

The lady nods and so Eren Continues talking.

"Have you seen a puppy?  A husky, with a bow tie on the collar? He's got beautiful blue eyes and responds to the name of 'Merlin'."

"Merlin aye? Er. Try me brother. Adain's bar. Follow the roads to music lane."

"... Thank you, miss Janet. We'll get right onto it." Eren sighs sadly and wanders out solemnly to look at Levi.
"He's not here. Try Adain's. ..Tch. I'm not going back there. I'll just have to search every other bar in town." Eren frowns deeply before he speeds off leaving Levi no time to even respond to him.

Levi follows him quickly and grabs a hold of his hand. "Don't run off like that... i need you close to me when we're out" Levi sighs and starts running with him to the next bar.

They check the next bar titled 'ouran host club'. Not there.
The next, 'The drunken huntsman'. Nope.
'Winking Skeever'. Again, nothing. Eren is losing all hope and his heart is feeling heavy and all he wants to do is cry for his puppy. At last, they check every place, until only Adain's is left. Tears are brimming Eren's eyes as they stare at the front sign. 'ADAIN'S' in capital letters.

"You'll be fine" Levi sighs "MERLIN!" He calls loudly.

They wait for something, and Eren's ears pick up a bark.
His eyes widen and before he even registers what he's doing, he's run inside. Coming face to face with the o' fiery one.

"Eren wait!" Levi zooms in also and sees the sight. "Shit..." he says grabbing Eren's wrist.

Eren shrugs him off and stares at the bearded large red head. He stares back with wide shocked eyes.

"Eren." He says simply.

The boy sniffs and wipes his eyes.
"D-do you have my puppy? "

"Puppy..." the red head stares. This boy was once his student.

"Eren..." Levi says grabbing his wrist again and holding it tightly to make sure he's close to him. Its a sence of protectiveness.

"H-he's a.." Eren pauses to sniff and wipes his nose on his arm. "He's a gorgeous little husky. He has bright blue eyes and barks a lot... a-and he responds to Merlin... h-have you s-seen him?" He's very close to crying.

"... he's... out the back..." Adian blinks not budging.

"He is?!" Eren cracks a relieved smile.
"Can I please go get him?"

"I'll get him... you two get out of my bar."

"..." Levi pulls Eren's arm and backs respectfully out towards the door.