Part 35

*Third person pov* 

Shikamaru and Chika were walking around together and talking. They were in the forest smiling and just lazing around. On the way to his favorite resting spot they heard voices. 

"That sounds like my team." Chika quietly said. 

"It does, I can hear Naruto yelling." Shikamaru whispered, they walked up and hid behind a tree to see what was going on. 

"I recommended you three for the chunin exams." Kakashi said with a close eyed smile. Naruto's eyes lit up and he pounced on Kakashi-sensei. 

"Thanks so much Kakashi-sensei! Yea! I love you so much!" Naruto yelled. 

"Don't drool on me," Kakashi muttered as he ripped Naruto off.   "Here's you application forms, meet at the academy if you alone want to participate. Dismissed."

"I, I didn't know there was a gathering today. Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke didn't tell me." Chika said with sad eyes, her eyes were tearing up.  " I guess even my own sensei doesn't like me." Chika looked down tears running down her face as Naruto and them walked off to go home.  Shikamaru looked at her with sad eyes, for someone who had a lot of intelligence he had no clue what to say. 

"Do you. . . Want to come to my house?" Shikamaru asked her softly. 

"Sure," she said. She wiped off her tears and grabbed Shikamaru's hand softly.

*At his house and after his mom and dad embarrassed him* 

Shikamaru and Chika laid on his bed staring at the ceiling, it was an awkward silence. His mother had told Chika he had a crush on her.

"Shika?" Chika asked turning over and looked at him. 

"Hmm?" He asked, his face a light pink. 

"Do you really have a crush on me?" She asked, Shikamaru shot right up and looked at her with red cheeks. 

"I-I. I. . . Oh man, what a drag. Yes I do." He said laying back down lazily. Chika smiled and exhaled. 

"I thought I was the only one," Chika muttered.

"Huh?" Shikamaru asked. Chika blushed and fiddled with her finger. 

"I, may uh. Like you a lot too." She confessed, she realized she was crushing on him after she met his mother. While Shikamaru was using the bathroom his mom helped explained what she was feeling towards Shikamaru.  There was a silence.   "So. . . Now what?" Chika asked. Shikamaru peaked his eye at Chika smiling, he held his arms open in which Chika cuddled into. 

"We sleep." He murmered. 

"Mk," Chika said.  Both Shikamaru and Chika fell asleep in each others arms. . . Unknowing that Shikaku and his mother were watching through the camera's they placed in his room.

"Shikamaru has a girlfriend!" She squealed. "You got this recorded right?" 

"Yes dear," Shikaku replied.  They both smiled and watched the two.