11.Drowning

"Shit, I thought I saw something." Sam could've sworn he'd seen a fish in the water a second ago, it couldn't be gone that fast. He steps up onto the dock, the wood practically swaying under his feet with every step and making him dizzy enough to fall on his face like an idiot. He didn't fall in the water, thank god, but he was damn near head first in the cloudy water staring him in the face.

"Ah, fuck-" he grabs onto the wood, trying to pull himself back and making the thing sway even more like the bad piece of construction it is. His glasses splash into the water, leaving Sam all but blinded in the sunlight and squinting straight down at his own reflection in the water.
"Damn it, this shit can't be that deep can it? I'm right next to the beach."

He leans over the edge of the still moving dock, fingers meeting their reflection and rippling the water that had been displaying Sam's pale face to dip beneath the water and try to find his shades that are far beyond his grasp, even as he leans further in to try and feel through the dense water and find something solid.

He thinks he can feel something, inching forward a bit more to take a grab at it and-

Sam splashes into the water head first, doing a somersault in the water as he flails his arms and tries to break surface again and get air in his lungs. His arms are hitting the surface of the water hard, legs kicking out in directions they shouldn't be and making Sam start to feel tired even after only being in the water for maybe a minute. He reaches up with one hand, searching for the dock he'd fallen off of in the first place, but his fingers glance off the bottom edge, just shy of being able to grab onto the structure.

He's making an attempt at something that resembles swimming, a wave wiping away any hope of having a clear shot back to the beach, the undertow pulling his head beneath the water and more crashing over him, dashing any attempt to break surface again. He gets close, but not close enough, water filling Sam's mouth past his lips that had barely been opened in hope of getting even a small breath.

Without any air at all in his lungs to circulate, Sam can already see his field of vision blurring around the edges, everything going hazy and his suddenly very heavy arms slowing and stuttering to a halt. Is he moving? Everything is already going numb in the cold water, contact to something on his arm all but lost on Sam.

He can't feel anything but the beating of his own heart, arms pulled up over his head and lungs almost forgetting how to react when they hit oxygen again. He's still not completely aware of what's going on, body reacting on its own to try and keep him alive and keep everything working, lungs making him cough and sputter trying to eject the water that had filled them in place of what they really wanted.

His shirt isn't covering the front of his chest, making the hair on his arms stand up as cold hands touch his bare skin and try to move aside his binder, getting to his chest and pushing down to help the water leave Sam's mouth and help him breathe the air again as he breathes it in. He forces open his eyes, the sunlight blinding him and making the already existing dizziness worse by at least ten figures.

"Oh, god-" now that Sam can move he half sits up, mostly falling to his side to cough and throw up in the sand, effectively getting rid of the rest of the water he'd swallowed. His shades are lying just beside Sam's legs, which he picks up and pushes over his eyes to dull the ache from the bright light cast by the sun overhead.

"What the fuck?" He's starting to come back to his senses, looking down to see why he's so cold to find his binder ridden up above his chest and the buttons of his shirt pulled apart.

"Did I get fucking molested or mugged or some shit?" Sam fixes his clothes, though some of the buttons on his shirt are broken. All of his shit is still in his pockets, and his shorts are still in tact without being unbuttoned or even touched presumably.