16. breathing you in 4

Sam woke up wrapped in a warm pair of arms. He snuggled closer to the body but then froze. This body was a lot bigger than Katrina's. It didn't smell like her. It smelled like... Colby. Then Sam recognised the feeling of dried cum in his pants. Regret. He was feeling regret. And he promised. He promised Colby he wouldn't regret it but now he was and he felt like shit. He carefully pried Colby's arms off of him and slipped out of bed. He walked over to the dresser and pulled out clothes before making his way to the bathroom.

He turned on the shower and stripped out of his soiled clothes.
Regret.
He stepped into the shower and let the hot water run over him, drowning in his thoughts.

He cheated. He fucking cheated on Kat and that made him feel even worse. He had to tell her, of course he did. He wouldn't keep this a secret but fuck. He was in love with his best friend. Who was a guy. And he had a girlfriend.

He needed to get out of the apartment. He quickly cleaned himself and stepped out of the shower before towelling off. He pulled his clothes on and walked out of the small room. He walked into Colby's room and went to the boy's desk, knowing he had paper and a pen. He quickly scribbled out a note and quietly walked back into his room. Colby was still asleep and he was more than thankful for that because he didn't think he'd be able to face the brown haired boy. Not now at least. He carefully put the note on the pillow next to Colby's head before leaving the room. He pulled his shoes on and walked out the door.

_____________________

Colby woke up a few hours later. He squeezed his arms expecting there to be a body there but they closed around nothing. His eyes slowly opened coming face to face with a piece of paper where the blonde haired boy should have been. He picked it up and carefully read over it, his heart dropping at what it said.

'Went to Kat's. Don't know if I'll be back- Sam'

The first thing that crossed Colby's mind was

Shit. I fucked up.

the end