19.Teach me how to kiss

"No, it's not like I can't kiss." Sam rolls his eyes, sighing at the classmate he shared the back desk with, engrossed with a class that was seemingly half-History, and half-relationship advice that was pretty much reaching a shamefully Cosmopolitan standard.
"Then what's your problem?" Colby asks, frowning in mild confusion at his friend's struggle.

"I'm just... I don't know. I'd say I'm not very good at it." Sam breaks off the eye contact, keeping his eyes glued to the pen stains covering their desk in an attempt to hide his oncoming blush.

Colby tries to hide his smirk.
"I knew you'd laugh!" Sam hisses, kicking Colby's foot under the table.
"I'm not laughing." Colby rolls his eyes, although it doesn't exactly need a person of Einstein intelligence to determine that Colby's finding mild amusement in his classmate's shameful little secret.

Sam glares at him through the strands of his blonde fringe, his blue eyes burning into the shining ocean blue shade of Colby's.
"Oh, come on Sam." Colby sighs after a short, response-less silence. "It's kissing. It's meant to be natural. You don't think about it."

"So that explains why there are over 'One Hundred Kissing Tips' on every woman's magazine? Because it doesn't require any thought?" Colby scoffs. "I doubt there's One Hundre- wait, since when do you know about the content of woman's magazines?"
Sam glared at his playful snigger. "You know what I mean."

"Well, you know where my cousin is if you fancy borrowing the latest edition of Girl Talk."
"Colby." Sam grits his teeth. "This isn't funny. My date with Katrina is on Friday, and if I don't have any kind of plan, I think I can say goodbye to any chances of m-"

"Okay, okay..." Colby leans back in his seat, holding two hands up in a 'surrendering' gesture. "I'll help you."
"How?" Sam urges desperately, hating the gleam in Colby's eye as he studies the black-haired boy sitting beside him.

"So you have... no experience with kissing, do you?" Colby raises an eyebrow, and Sam gulps again, hating how the paleness of his complexion wasn't doing him any favours when it came to blushing easily.
"Not-... er, not anything other than the back of my hand." Colby can't hold his laugh back this time.

"Brock, if I don't see any more writing in your notebook other than the date and title, you're out." Mr. Stylinson suddenly snaps, glaring at Colby through his slim, Specsavers lenses and motioning his meter ruler between the schoolboy, and the door.
"Sorry." Colby widens his eyes, making a point of picking up his biro and scribbling down whatever rubbish was on the board about the Cold War and whatever else he had been ignoring while sorting out Sam's little embarrassing issue.

"Anyway..." Colby lifts his head up once he'd finished pretending to work, glancing back up at Sam who had done about as much work as he had, the textbook summary questions being newly replaced by a mindless little doodle of the marching skeleton on the Black Parade album cover. "So... you've never kissed anyone? Like, kiss kissed?"
Sam sighs defeatedly, shaking his head. "I guess not."

Colby narrows his eyes. "Okay... interesting..."
"I don't like your tone." Sam tenses up suspiciously.
"Relax, Sam." Colby discreetly fixes his fringe before continuing.
"What's the there to relax about?" Sam hisses, before being shushed by his brown-haired classmate.

"As I was saying... you know, seeing as the date's this Friday, leaving you only 2 days to get your kissing skills up to standard, that... I don't know. Do you think maybe you'd benefit from a few... lessons?"
Sam gulps, his throat tightening at the way Colby flashed him a sly smile from underneath his own fringe.
"Oh, okay..." He nibbles his lip subconsciously. "So... who from?"
Colby continued to stare at him, raising his eyebrow until it finally clicked inside Sam's mind where this was heading.