61.You Have 1 Month part2

"Colby." Brennen whines into the receiver. "I miss you, man."

"I see you literally everyday in class."

"Yeah, but we never hang out anymore. It will be fun." Brennen argues. It's true. Sam has been busy lately and Colby is taking the time to study and look over his notes while he actually has downtime.

"All we are going to do is eating at Tender Greens and play video games." Colby points out and Brennen sighs.

"That is fun!" Brennen sighs again, more serious than before. "Look, Colbs, I know how you feel about Sam and I have agreed to stop nagging you about your unrequited love," Colby winces at his choice of words,
"but that doesn't mean you can go and stop spending time with me. We are best friends, bffl's even, and therefore you are coming over so I can kick your ass at league and eat all the Tender Greens, okay?"

"Alright." Colby agrees, knowing Brennen is right. He hasn't been a good friend lately.

"Good because I already ordered from Tender Greens and you're paying."

____________________

After being beat several times at several video games and dome Tender Greens later, the boys put in a random movie and sit with their backs against Brennen's headboard.

"My mom is nagging me to get a boyfriend." Brennen tells him. Colby takes his eyes off of the TV to give his attention to the older boy.

"Why's that?" Colby prompts him.

"She thinks I'm lonely and that I 'need love in my life.'" He quotes.

"Well, are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Lonely." Colby clarifies.

"No." Colby gives him a look.
"I'm not!" He says defensively.

"Whatever, bro." Colby rolls his eyes.

"I'm going to bed." Brennen pouts, turning off the movie.

Colby crosses his arms. "Don't be like that, Brennen. It's just. Who do you hang out with? Besides me?"

"I have other friends." He frowns.

"Who?" Colby presses.

"People. Cool people. Cooler than you."

"I'm just looking out for you, dude." Colby rests his hand on Brennen's shoulder.

"Okay, Colbs. I do have other friends, though." Brennen repeats. Colby nods and drops the subject.

_____________________

The next weekend, Colby finally lets himself worry. Sam hasn't texted or called Colby over in two weeks and they haven't fooled around since long before that. Sure he sometimes saw him walking into his room but that's it. He stresses over the thought of Sam dropping him just like that. As far as he knows, Colby is the only boy Sam is with and maybe he found someone better. Someone hotter with a better body and more money.

He barely gets any schoolwork done and spends most of his lectures blatantly staring at Sam as if the reason they stopped hooking up is written on the back of his head in fine print and if Colby squints hard enough, he'd be able to read it.

Brennen notices of course, but doesn't say anything in fear of Colby bringing up the boyfriend subject again. He's managed to skirt around the topic so far and does not want to be plunged back into defending his relationship status.

It's okay though, because two days after the three week mark of Sam not contacting him, Colby gets invited over to his room.

When he gets inside, he is surprised to be escorted to the lovesac by a nervous Sam. It's a strange sight to see someone so sure of themselves like Sam with anxious sweat on his neck and forehead.