56.please don't touch

Sam sighed as he adjusted the flower crown that lay atop his head. He wasn't having the best of days.

Sam's most frequent bully, Brennen, was pestering him more than usual. Not to mention that it was pouring rain outside, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that he had to walk over a mile just to get to school.

Sam was just happy it was Friday because he wasn't sure how much more he could take of this shitty day. Plus, he got to hang out with his boyfriend every Friday, which he loved more than anything.

Colby - Sam's boyfriend - was also his best friend and though they went to the same school, their social statuses varied quite a bit. His boyfriend at the top while Sam lay nearer to the bottom.

So they never hung out at school, which was completely Sam's doing because he didn't want Colby to ruin a perfectly good reputation. Colby had objected more than once claiming he didn't care what other people thought, but somewhere deep down, Sam knew he would regret it, and honestly, Sam would regret it too.

"Mr. Golbach," Sam's head snapped up at the sound of his teacher's voice and he hummed in response.

"Would you care to answer the question?" His teacher asked, raising his brow, obviously aware that Sam was paying absolutely no attention.

"Question, sir?" Sam mumbled, his face flaring up in embarrassment.

"Yes, Mr. Golbach, a question. Something that typically has an answer," He paused, "would you mind supplying us with that answer?"

"I apologize, sir, but I didn't hear what the question was." Sam said shamefully.

"I can see that, Mr. Golbach. I'll let it slide this time, but next time, try to pay attention in class."

"Yes, sir." Sam muttered, which earned many suppressed laughs and chuckles from the class.

Sam mentally added this encounter to the list of bad things that happened today. Bad days just always seem to get worse, for once, why can't they get better?

The bell suddenly rang, signaling the end of class and the end of the school day. Finally, Sam thought.

Sam grabbed his books off his desk and started to head to his locker to grab all his stuff before he left. He was supposed to meet Colby outside the school gates in five minutes, just like he did every Friday, so he was more rushed than normal.

He needed to get out of this school and in the arms of his boyfriend. He needed some kind of reassurance that everything would be fine. He needed this shitty day to end.

But that was too much to ask for.
Of course it was.

He was getting the things from his locker when he all of a sudden heard the voice of his annoying-ass bully, Brennen-fucking-Taylor.

"Sammy," Brennen taunted, "leaving so soon?"

Sam gritted his teeth.

"Awe, why so tense? You know I wouldn't hurt you." He chuckled darkly.

That was a damn lie.

"Your crown is looking a little crooked," Brennen took a step towards Sam, "why don't I fix it for you?"

A crowd started to slowly form around them, and with Brennen getting into Sam's personal space, Sam started feeling a bit claustrophobic and his heart-rate started picking up - and not in the good way.

Brennen started to reach towards Sam and he felt like he couldn't breath, he needed space, he needed air.

Sam didn't really register what happened next, but somehow his flower crown ended up somewhere on the floor and Brennen's strong hands ended up roughly shoving him - holding him against the lockers - and all Sam could do was scream.